Forums Latest Members

Has anyone had or know of any issues with the Caliber 8800 Movement ?

1. Expat_Gaz Aug 1, 2019

Hello. I am new to the forum so please be gentle with me.

I picked up a pre-loved 2018 SMP 300M a month or so ago.

Not had any issues with it. kept good time and apart from a couple of light marks on the bracelet it was practically mint. It came complete with cards, both boxes, manual as well as the drawstring bag and all that.

A couple of days ago I noticed that the rotor seemed a little louder than usual. but again it was keeping good time.
    as I had a pretty inactive day I unscrewed the crown and gave the watch 10-15 gentle turns. while turning the crown i felt a little push back at the end of the wind so guessed I was feeling the clutch (?) to my uneducated self, suggesting it was wound well enough to have it sat on my bedside table over night. - This is where it all started to go wrong.

As I was screwing in the crown, I heard a loud CLICK and the second hand stopped moving.

Quickly unscrewing the crow to the 1st position again no movement from the second hand.

Pulled the crown to the next click and could freely move the hands and adjust the date without issue. But the second hand appeared to follow the direction of the minute hand in both directions for a few millimeters.

Flipping the watch over I noticed the balance wheel stopped dead in its tracks. And the rotor appears to move very freely.

I am in the process of shipping the watch to my nearest Omega USA Service center as my nearest AD is nearly 160 miles way.

Has anyone came across anything like this ?

Thank you in advance.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 1, 2019

It’s under warranty... it’s not a known issue.

whyboddau likes this.
  3. tzachi Aug 2, 2019

Watches are not problem proof. AS long as you have the warranty, no issues.