Forums Latest Members
  1. BrunoCodispoti Apr 5, 2020

hi guys, i m spending much time to find my third Omega s watch.

I d like to have a your impression and value for this Seamaster Cosmic offered me by a watchmaker.

-Bracelet After market (no code, is it possible original?)
    - Crystal original with logo
    - Moviment 752 automatic (24 months warrenty by the seller)
    - Aftermarket box

It seems in a good general state (have 50 years)
    I ll have internal photos next week.

What is its value for you?

Thanks and have a nice Sunday

BB7BEE68-24D4-4BE1-8B98-165FCE1A9380.jpeg C8FF2D81-3085-4B61-89C5-24371DC6718C.jpeg 2EE1A933-21B3-4F59-AC9D-8FB2A838DCFD.jpeg 8F157D01-EDE4-42A8-90E2-86052ECCD1A7.jpeg
    Siandgo likes this.
  2. dan7800 Apr 5, 2020

I will let others chime in who are more experienced.

- I don't think the band is correct for that watch. Look at the end links. Do your own research to see if the band is correct (ask the seller for the band model and endlink numbers and reference those with what is appropriate for that watch - Google is your friend)
    - Factor in a service of $250-500 USD in the next few years. Forget what the seller says about the watch "running strong" etc....
    - Do you trust the seller to be around in 24 months/honor the warranty?
    - I'd want to see better pictures of the band
    - IF everything checked out, I'd say $400-1000 USD would be fair

3. BrunoCodispoti Apr 5, 2020

- yes, as I said, bracelet is not correct, but aftermarket (with no code omega, but sellers said me that it s original, strange...)
    - the seller is a watchmaker, so he give me 24 warranty months becouse he service it and the moviment.
    - he have a physical shop, so I think he should be a serious seller

He ll send me other photos about bracelet and moviment.
    I ll post there as soon as possible.

Thanks for your support

4. KingCrouchy Apr 5, 2020

The Bracelet is probably an original Omega Bracelet which doesn't mean it's the correct one for this Reference. The correct Endlinks would be 529 for a 7 links BOR Bracelet

BrunoCodispoti likes this.
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 5, 2020

6. BrunoCodispoti Apr 5, 2020

But it s normal that it haven’t the code under claps? Could it be original at the same?

7. ConElPueblo Apr 5, 2020

It isn't unheard of for clasps to miss any ref. marking. This one doesn't look like any Omega bracelet I have seen before...

Compare it to the one @X350 XJR shows above; it looks like the end links are the same, but the one in your post is narrower and doesn't have the same width as the end link.

8. OMEGuy Apr 5, 2020

The watch looks really tired to me and I wonder what happened to the tail of the second hand (is it there?). The bracelet questions don't improve my personal impression about the watch...

9. BrunoCodispoti Apr 6, 2020

Hi, what do u mean about the tail of the second hand?
    I m a beginner, every observation that could Help me, it a good lesson.
    Do you talk about your personal opinion when you say tired?

Thanks a lot for yours answers

10. OMEGuy Apr 6, 2020

I can't see this in your pictures (marked it in the picture @X350 XJR posted above:

tail.jpg

"Tired" is my personal impression when I look at the watch, yes. The case looks pretty worn, the dial is a bit dirty and the tritium lume on dial and hands has faded to dark grey.

11. BrunoCodispoti Apr 6, 2020

Very nice observation.
    That watch seems have many issues, so I starting to know becouse the price is lower than similar models.
    I ll wait the other photos, ll ask to the seller my dubts and ll value at the final to I d buy it too.
    I update the thread as soon as possible.

Thanks to help me, you are very special passionate

OMEGuy likes this.
  12. Siandgo May 21, 2020

Beautiful Vintage watch and I think you have made a very good investment. (I am sorry, I just read your post) Worth surely a 1000.00 even if you have to let service the watch. ( I hope you purchased it!).
    These vintage watches worth to buy now as their value are increasing. If you just consider that nowadays half of the world is wearing apple watches and you are tracked whatever you do, and you have to spend money on devices that support your watch...etc... Well, I think there will come the time when people will get tired of getting monitored by every step, and an other fact those apple watches will worth nothing in a few years, probably they won't even work. Buying watches made before the 1970s is a very good decision.

13. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers May 21, 2020

14. nicks May 21, 2020

Hi. I will try to give you a price comparison. I bought an almost identical Cosmic in 2019, same dial but gold-filled case, overall much better condition and serviced in 2017 (with receipt) for just under $500 USD. Hope that helps.

15. joeshoup May 22, 2020

I bought a very similar Cosmic with cal.752 earlier this year. Pristine dial and case and very nice BOR bracelet, and paid $650ish. I'd expect yours to go for a similar price facing in the recent service.