Seamaster Cosmic Club – Pics, Info & Buyer’s Guide

Hello! Are non-c-shaped also welcome to join the Cosmic club?

Cool watch! I'll allow it 😎

Cool watch! I'll allow it 😎

Nice! I really like this watch, it had some works but now i can wear it the way i like. Only 'problem' is the bracelet. There is no micro-adjustment on it. First it was a really good fit, now i've lost some weight and its either too lose or too tight.

0a856054-2a34-4ad7-af1d-518763043b77.jpg

Nice! I really like this watch, it had some works but now i can wear it the way i like. Only 'problem' is the bracelet. There is no micro-adjustment on it. First it was a really good fit, now i've lost some weight and its either too lose or too tight.

0a856054-2a34-4ad7-af1d-518763043b77.jpg

Always loved these bracelets.

I've had similar issues with fitment in the past and my solution was to add a couple layers of clear surgical dressing tape to the back side of the bracelet, works surprisingly well. Just cut it to width with a razor blade or x-acto knife.

My first Omega arrived yesterday! Cosmic 166.026 according to the case. Should be a 565 in there. Based on what I could find, this particular version seems to be from 1968. I really do not see many of these. I assume they are either less-desired or genuinely more rare.

All in all very happy with it. Perfect size for a small wrist too. IMG_6145.png

And here's that sun-ray brushing too:
IMG_6146.png
Edited:

Great first Omega, congrats! Sharp condition too. That dial variant is very cool and not too common.

Thank you! It runs so well too. I've spent a lot of time faffing around to dial in movements and this one is running 0s a day after its first 24 hours. Nothing in my life requires that level of accuracy but it sure feels good to see a vintage movement running well.

hi there all , just recently bought myself a cosmic. could someone please give me a rundown on the whole manual winding thing plz

hi there all , just recently bought myself a cosmic. could someone please give me a rundown on the whole manual winding thing plz

a
https://www.prestigetime.com/blog/manual-wind-vs-automatic-watches.html

Omega released both manual wind and automatic COSMIC models; you didn't mention which type you own. (If the dial is original, an automatic model will have "Automatic" on the dial.)
right yeah I get the just of it. mine is def manual winding , ill try and add a pic for you. This is all new to me , with "daily crown winding" how much do I need to do it with the cosmic ..`?

This is all new to me , with "daily crown winding" how much do I need to do it with the cosmic ..`?

To fully wind a mechanical watch, turn the crown clockwise until it won't turn any further. You will feel a distinct resistance, and you should not try to force it beyond that point. On my COSMIC it takes about 20 twists to fully wind an empty movement, but that can vary a bit. Assuming the watch is in good condition, a full wind will power the watch for about 40 hours.

I have both a manual and an auto Cosmic, if I had to chose I’d say my manual is the better watch from a owner experience pint of view- I really like the interaction I have with it, giving it a wind each morning before wearing. It’s a nice routine and feels- obviously- mechanical. I reckon it’d actually last a couple of days without a wind but I never try as I’m just in the habit now.

Afternoon Cosmic lovers- I’ve created a Facebook group called Omega Seamaster Cosmic Enthusiasts should you wish to join and share photos / knowledge. Admin- apologies if this little flag isn’t ok here!

Welcome to the Seamaster Cosmic Club!
I think that’s all I have to say, so let’s see your Cosmic!
I just picked up my first Omega, and this thread helped me decide on a 1969 Cosmic! IMG_7774.jpeg IMG_7773.jpeg
Edited: