Seamaster Cosmic Club – Pics, Info & Buyer’s Guide

Well, if you do get it you should keep the bracelet. Original bracelets are both hard to locate and expensive and you never know when you’ll actually decide to wear it on the bracelet.

Oh, and the watch looks great 😀

I ended up getting it, keeping the bracelet and actually enjoying both of them! Here they are after a service and with the proper crown. I’ll leave pictures with both the BoR bracelet and a black Hirsch in different lighting conditions. So far I’m in love 🥰

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

I would like find out what is the period correct buckle for a Seamaster Cosmic from 69-71. Can anyone help/share photos of ss buckles this model came with?

Lovely thread!
This is my grandfather's watch, bought in Milano many decades ago.

Hi gang,

Can anyone pls confirm for me the lug size for reference 166.036?
I saw that some people mention 18 mm while others say 19mm! I want to be 100% sure before I order some new straps (as I don't have the watch in hand yet)

Thank you!

😀
GUYS!

Just opened the box from the delivery guy...
And I can finally breath again..

I found this one with an antique dealer, he had cleared out a watch dealers shop and found it on a shelf...
Its a Semester Cosmic 136.017, not sure about the movement (but it should be a manual winder...).
Year around 1969-1970 (will check when it gets serviced).

I only had a few crappy pictures to look at, but he stated that it had never been used!
So I did a little gamble, and it looks fine to me...
Theres even plastic protection on it!!

Its going of to my watchmaker for a super careful service and cleaning!

Sorry for my lousy pictures, but better will follow after the service!

Cheers!

New strap and buckle on my Cosmic!
😀

My Cosmic (166.036 - Tool 107) says hello!
It is running perfectly. The quick-set for the date is working, but not for the day.
Would like to buy a steel bracelet. I am wondering which one is correct:
I found these combination:

1068/523
1098/526
1125/636
1172/579

Any other combination? And which one do you prefer?

Finally, I found my 1068/523 here in OF!
What an improvement 😀

Hi gang,

Can anyone pls confirm for me the lug size for reference 166.036?
I saw that some people mention 18 mm while others say 19mm! I want to be 100% sure before I order some new straps (as I don't have the watch in hand yet)

Thank you!

Hi,

The lugs are 19mm. I hope you didnt buy too many 18mm straps😉

136.017 – Cal. 611 / 613

I inherited this Cosmic from my dad, who was the original owner. As you can see it's in great shape. Do these things need to be serviced? I don't think it has ever been serviced, nor been abused beyond normal wear and tear. I received a quote from Swatch group in Toronto, they told me they would send it back to Switzerland for 5 months and as you can imagine, the cost was probably the present value of the watch itself, so pretty cost prohibitive. It's running fine, does it need anything beyond maybe polishing?

136.017 – Cal. 611 / 613

I inherited this Cosmic from my dad, who was the original owner. As you can see it's in great shape. Do these things need to be serviced? I don't think it has ever been serviced, nor been abused beyond normal wear and tear. I received a quote from Swatch group in Toronto, they told me they would send it back to Switzerland for 5 months and as you can imagine, the cost was probably the present value of the watch itself, so pretty cost prohibitive. It's running fine, does it need anything beyond maybe polishing?

Any competent watchmaker (preferably one with an Omega parts account) can service your watch, it's long overdue. DO NOT polish except for the crystal if it needs it.

Great heirloom.

Hi all,
Just to share my first vintage Omega!

136016-TOOL105
Hirsch 18mm black leather strap

Hi all,
Just to share my first vintage Omega!

136016-TOOL105
Hirsch 18mm black leather strap

Nice watch, and a really cool dial!
Congrats!

References for the classic C-cased Cosmic are as follows:
135.017 – Cal. 601, manual winding
136.017 – Cal. 611 / 613, manual winding, date
165.026 – Cal. 552, automatic
166.023 – Cal. 562 / 565, automatic, date
166.036 – Cal. 752, automatic, day-date
Note: Omega also produced other Cosmic models but they are ugly compared to the references listed above.

There are also .016 references. As best as I can tell, they're just a smaller version of the .017 versions. Here's my 135.016 for example. Case width is 33.3mm (vs. 35mm for the 135.017) and lug-to-lug is 36mm (vs. 38mm). Lug spacing is 18mm.

Greetings from Manila! I’m new here in the forum and am about to join the Seamaster Cosmic Club. Here are pics of the watch I’m about to purchase. It’s supposed to be all original save for the aftermarket crystal. Just wanted to ask the experts here if the watch looks good? Does the replacement crystal look like a good substitute for the original? Thanks in advance for your replies. Sorry these are just pics from the seller will post actual pics once I do get the watch. Cheers!

Thanks Nupero! The watch is being sold for around $390. This looks like a good deal considering it has the original bracelet as well? I may opt to use some leather straps though eventually.

I have no idea what this particular model usually goes for, but my gut tells me that's a reasonable price. Good luck.