Forums Latest Members
  1. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Dec 5, 2016

I am a sucker for crosshair/reticles scientific dials. If the crosshairs and logo are red, even better. So when this 600 came up on Ebay I got , shall we say enthusiastic. I have not seen a white dial example of this 600. I think I got a reasonable price (mid $300's) given Seamaster 600's are a little pricey. The movement is immaculate and keeping time to 2 sec+- a day
    My issue is the condition of the dial. The dial has a pearl finish, so the severity of the spotting is most noticeable when looked at an angle. Straight on, not that noticeable. Not that anything can be done about it, but what do you think caused the blemishes.
    I suspect that this watch originally came with hands that had black filled slots. What do you think?.

Please comment liberally.
    2016-12-05 002.JPG 2016-12-05 001.JPG

Edited Dec 5, 2016
    Omega1, Giff2577, blubarb and 2 others like this.
  2. Vicke Dec 5, 2016

Fotgot the pictures?

kingsrider likes this.
  3. Vicke Dec 5, 2016

Thought it was one of those. I've got one waiting for pickup at the post office, it"s been at the watchmaker. Bought it a month ago, but wasn't as lucky as you with timekeeping. Should be ok now thou :)

Can't help you with the dail question...
    Hands were once black filled as you suspected

IMG_6020.JPG
    Picture sent from watchmaker after service

Edited Dec 5, 2016
  4. Davidt Dec 5, 2016

Congrats. I really like these. In fact, not congrats because I was watching it before it was ended early by some unscrupulous buyer ;).

Probably right on the hands. Re the dial, if it was a silver dialed 600 I'd probably be a bit bummed and/or waited for a better one. But these technical versions don't come up all that often so you've got to be ready to accept some issues if you want one. I bet it's barely noticeable on the wrist?

Edited Dec 5, 2016
    kingsrider likes this.
  5. ohmzx Dec 5, 2016

Congrats on a nice classic piece!

6. ohmzx Dec 5, 2016

Congrats on a nice classic piece!

7. GuiltyBoomerang Dec 6, 2016

How come Seamaster 600s are pricey? I'm curious as well, seeing as I picked up one for about the same price mark recently.

Would the black filled slots be filled with lume though? In that case, perhaps the hands are okay since it's not a luminous dial...?

8. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Dec 6, 2016

From what I have observed, it is all about condition. There are examples around $300+- and usually they need a crystal, a crown and may have some dial or mechanical issues. Then there are the premiums and they seem to get around $600-800. This one just sold this morning, DAMN! it must have sold in minutes, never saw it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seama...196679?hash=item1a21526147:g:FoQAAOSw-0xYRuAYPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    From what I have seen, non lumed dials get the hands with black in the lume slots. I think it is purely a decorative detail. But of course with Omega there are exception to every rule.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seama...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Let's see yours!

9. DON Dec 6, 2016

Dial condition depends on where one lives. Humidity etc. will affect dial condition. More so on light colored dials.

Hands depends on the dial. Hands look correct. No real rhyme or reason. Maybe black inserts to match black indexes or none at all as there's no reason for it.

I only bought 2 models and stopped once people were willing to pay higher prices for average models. Mine had mint dials. Little polish and a new crystal and they looked factory fresh.

Sold the last one a couple of years ago

Collected the Speedmaster model

[​IMG]

Also

Seamaster 300 - manual and auto - crappy picture

[​IMG]

DON

blubarb likes this.
  10. blubarb Dec 6, 2016

Congrats. Lovely, clean movement as well.
    :cool:

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  11. GuiltyBoomerang Dec 7, 2016

I posted details about mine here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-600-ref-135-00011.36590/#post-573338

As far as I'm aware, if I change the crystal to a signed one then that will immediately bump up the appearance and value of the watch, as everything else is untouched (excluding band.) This one does have the lumed hands/unlumed markers combo as stated.

Weird caseback number though. So many 0s :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"That's right suckers. The moral of the story is: appreciate what you've got, because basically, [what you have] is fantastic!"

12. Mac5 Dec 9, 2016

Another great find kingsrider! We are on the same page as for the dials. ;)

kingsrider likes this.
  13. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Dec 9, 2016

We need another West Coast GTG. I need to see that one in person. Beautiful.

kingsrider likes this.