Seamaster 300M now or wait?

As someone who recently purchased and SMP 300 I can say I absolutely love it and would not have waited for the Spirate to be added. I'll be picking up another Omega this year and the Spirate won't see me waiting.

The thing to keep in mind is that mechanical watches aren't like buying a smartphone, where there are predictable product release cycles, and there's possibly something to be said for a "wait and see" when your preferred brand is on track for some big announcement.

You've got the price increase happening in a few short days, a now tried-and-true modern movement that I'd bet is likely exit the break-in period sitting somewhere within +1 to +3 spd, and it's what you know you already want. I'd jump in.

You asked, and the resulting advice is unanimous.

Your quote: “…no question; white dial Seamaster and never look back”.

Yes,
just do that!
image.jpg

I agree with everyone else, if you’ve wanted it for a long time then there’s no point waiting around for an unspecified time to get a watch that might be 3/4 seconds per day more accurate as a best case scenario but will definitely cost you more for the privilege

I agree with everyone else, if you’ve wanted it for a long time then there’s no point waiting around for an unspecified time to get a watch that might be 3/4 seconds per day more accurate as a best case scenario but will definitely cost you more for the privilege
Most METAS watches are within the specifications for Spirate when they come from the factory. So the improvement may be years down the line (after service). I suspect that Spirate will go into the underperforming model lines first in order to boost their appeal. The Moonwatch was at the end of the line for METAS so you could be waiting a long time for it to make into the seamaster professional (the other popular line).

You asked, and the resulting advice is unanimous.

Your quote: “…no question; white dial Seamaster and never look back”.

Yes,
just do that!
image.jpg
Did the same before Christmas. Great watch with good legibility. I picked it over the new popular seaweed dial version.

+1 on buy now : ) It truly is an amazing watch and sounds like you’ve been lusting for one for some time. I’m slightly biased as mine says hello : )

0F9ED9BE-317D-487E-A64E-F9EE39B325A4.jpeg

Hello, I have encountered a dilemma and would like some insight if anyone knows. I am aware that some people have contacts within Omega so hopefully someone has

In a couple of months I was planning on acquiring my first Omega which I wanted for many years - a Seamaster 300M.

However, following yesterday's announcement of Spirate, I am thinking that perhaps I should wait until the Spirate is introduced in the Seamaster line...

It is not a very big deal, but that said, I would be very disappointed if I bought one now and within a few months or a year they introduced the Spirate on the Seamasters. Considering it was shown as part of an automatic movement, the transition shouldn't be too hard (if it hasn't been done already). Also, Seamaster is their most popular automatic watch, so if the Spirate is heading somewhere first, I would bet it's the Seamaster.

Thoughts?
Hello, I have encountered a dilemma and would like some insight if anyone knows. I am aware that some people have contacts within Omega so hopefully someone has heard something...

In a couple of months I was planning on acquiring my first Omega which I wanted for many years - a Seamaster 300M.

However, following yesterday's announcement of Spirate, I am thinking that perhaps I should wait until the Spirate is introduced in the Seamaster line...

It is not a very big deal, but that said, I would be very disappointed if I bought one now and within a few months or a year they introduced the Spirate on the Seamasters. Considering it was shown as part of an automatic movement, the transition shouldn't be too hard (if it hasn't been done already). Also, Seamaster is their most popular automatic watch, so if the Spirate is heading somewhere first, I would bet it's the Seamaster.

Thoughts?
Buy it now, you will love it. This is from a Time & Tide article:

Understandably, the new Spirate™ System is not being rolled out across the entire catalogue at launch. For now, it is strictly available in the new Omega Speedmaster Super Racing watch, with its new Co-Axial Master Chronometer 9920 calibre, which has launched alongside the new Spirate™ System. Omega CEO Raynald Aeschlimann explained at the launch event earlier today that there are, of course, new watches on the way. But these new watches are not primed to use the Spirate™ System. Once new calibres have been developed, which use the Spirate™ System and can accommodate the various sizes and designs of Omega’s cases, then it will be gradually rolled out into next generation pieces. So, do not expect the Spirate™ System to be used throughout the catalogue roster for some time.