Seamaster 300 Heritage: Which Look?

I recently purchased a new black dialed Seamaster 300 Heritage. The watch comes on a very nice flat link OEM bracelet with micro adjustment, but I also picked up a dark brown horween chromexcel strap (thought it would look nice with the fauxtina on the bezel, hour markers and hands) and a black shell cordovan strap (thought it would look nice with the black dial). Just curious which “look” the OF crowd thinks is best. I’m kinda partial to the black strap. Maybe it depends on the occasion/setting? Fantastic watch, by the way. Well done, Omega.
9410BBA7-55CE-467A-B141-03ABCDF66A18.jpeg 39BD5519-4004-4F9D-AFD3-BA5B624CEFE2.jpeg 32B0A5E5-D403-454C-9698-03D72991DA55.jpeg

They all look great so it comes down to the occasion. I think the brown strap looks best, then the bracelet. I would likely rotate between them.
PS watch on right wrist is wierding me out😉

They all look great so it comes down to the occasion. I think the brown strap looks best, then the bracelet. I would likely rotate between them.
PS watch on right wrist is wierding me out😉
Left handed! 😀

This watch is a strap monster, so you can feed it pretty much anything and it will look great. I'd find it difficult to wear the brown strap with anything but brown shoes, and the black strap with anything but black shoes, and the stainless steel bracelet goes with pretty much anything, so you're covered!

@gbesq what are your thoughts on the non brushed parts of the bracelet and watch itself, is it too shiny and bright? That’s an amazing setup with those straps you have, perfection!

PLEASE help us destroy the myth that brown must be with brown and black must be with black. 😝

This watch is a strap monster, so you can feed it pretty much anything and it will look great. I'd find it difficult to wear the brown strap with anything but brown shoes, and the black strap with anything but black shoes, and the stainless steel bracelet goes with pretty much anything, so you're covered!

@gbesq what are your thoughts on the non brushed parts of the bracelet and watch itself, is it too shiny and bright? That’s an amazing setup with those straps you have, perfection!

First gen owner here (300MC) and I've come to the conclusion that even the first gen bracelet really isn't "too polished." Just let it build patina, and it's fine and honestly starts to look seriously refined.

That said, the second gen bracelet polish * is * more attractive. Definitely not too much.

EDIT: I get this whole "scratches" thing is a touchy subject, but I've been wearing my 300MC mostly on the bracelet lately. The first few scratches were DEFINITELY obvious, but as the network of scratches has started to develop on the centerlinks, it's starting to look more and more refined. It's adding some sort of cryptic depth that wasn't there before.

I totally understand why polished links aren't for everyone- they aren't even for me. But apparently, well-patina'd polished links are.
Edited:

Good morning! It's funny, because I've been going through the same question lately with my first gen. On what does it look best?

and I've come to the conclusion that it looks best on all of them.

Just depends upon the mood!

😉 Enjoy the watch!

I recently purchased a new black dialed Seamaster 300 Heritage. The watch comes on a very nice flat link OEM bracelet with micro adjustment, but I also picked up a dark brown horween chromexcel strap (thought it would look nice with the fauxtina on the bezel, hour markers and hands) and a black shell cordovan strap (thought it would look nice with the black dial). Just curious which “look” the OF crowd thinks is best. I’m kinda partial to the black strap. Maybe it depends on the occasion/setting? Fantastic watch, by the way. Well done, Omega.
9410BBA7-55CE-467A-B141-03ABCDF66A18.jpeg 39BD5519-4004-4F9D-AFD3-BA5B624CEFE2.jpeg 32B0A5E5-D403-454C-9698-03D72991DA55.jpeg

First gen owner here (300MC) and I've come to the conclusion that even the first gen bracelet really isn't "too polished." Just let it build patina, and it's fine and honestly starts to look seriously refined.

That said, the second gen bracelet polish * is * more attractive. Definitely not too much.

I didn’t think of the patina aspect of the bracelet. I could see how that would work nicely with the watch. Thank you.

I didn’t think of the patina aspect of the bracelet. I could see how that would work nicely with the watch. Thank you.

I edited my upper comment for context but I'm glad you got the idea. When I think of the polished watches that my grandfather and grand-uncles wore, they may very well have had polished links at one point, but those bracelets were used. and it didn't look bad- it looked... well, on a polished surface enough little scratches kinda throw off some color or something. I'm not sure I can explain it.

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but this is a tool watch. The more I've worn mine on the bracelet the more I've realized that maybe, this is a case where the watch has to be worn and used to be appreciated the most.

I recently saw some close-ups of @Scooterino36 's case (ok not that close but beautiful!) and was blown away by how beautiful the patina was. Can't wait to get there.

@ErichPryde i understand what you’re saying and I appreciate your insight. Perfectly said about how it will come to be over time.

I think that the second gen bracelet is less prone to scratches than the first gen because it has fewer high polish surfaces. That being said, scratches are inevitable and I’m fine with the bracelet and the watch developing some character as they age.

PLEASE help us destroy the myth that brown must be with brown and black must be with black. 😝
Challenge accepted;

IMG_20230308_111019_HDR~2.jpg

The brown strap looks nice w the fauxtina. Having dealt with this issue before, I almost always finally revert to the OEM bracelet. It is fun, though, buying different straps and changing them up.

I had a nice Autavia on leather, I tried a bunch of different looks. My wife, who knows all things, said that leather didn’t do the watch justice and got an SS bracelet. She was, of course, right.

Riddle:
If a man in the woods hears a tree fall, and there is no woman around, is he still wrong?
Edited:

The man is right, but since no woman could confirm or deny the falling of the tree, it makes no difference.
-Confucius

The man is right, but since no woman could confirm or deny the falling of the tree, it makes no difference.
-Confucius
Wrong. My other half frequently assesses situations in which she was never personally involved, with no facts and no context. And she’s often right. I really hate that. 😜

Wrong. My other half frequently assesses situations in which she was never personally involved, with no facts and no context. And she’s often right. I really hate that. 😜

Haha! 😁😁😁 You secretly love it though.