Seamaster 300 hand/lume questions

Hi - I have this vintage 165.024 which came with the hands shown in picture. The lume in the hands is brighter than that of the dial, and hour/sword hand has some irregularities around the outer part where it looks like the chrome (?) has come off. The watch also came with a second set of hands, from one of which the lume has come out, but that lume seems to match that of the dial. This set, however, includes a narrow hour hand, which I've not seen on one of these watches before. It seems that this could be the original hands based on the matching color, but I wasn't aware of these watches coming with type of hands.

I was wanting to get the hands matched to the dial - thought on if I should use the hands that are currently on it, or the other set?
Recommendations on where/who to send to for hand work?
Thanks!

Give this site a look.

https://www.omegaseamaster300.com/

The bear is a later version so I would have expected the sword hands to be correct as stick hands although genuine, were seen on earlier examples.

Shine a UV light on the watch (and the lose hands) to see how they all glow and if they fade at a similar rate. If one is noticeably brighter or flows for longer then it’s likely to be newer.

Hi - I have this vintage 165.024 which came with the hands shown in picture. The lume in the hands is brighter than that of the dial, and hour/sword hand has some irregularities around the outer part where it looks like the chrome (?) has come off. The watch also came with a second set of hands, from one of which the lume has come out, but that lume seems to match that of the dial. This set, however, includes a narrow hour hand, which I've not seen on one of these watches before. It seems that this could be the original hands based on the matching color, but I wasn't aware of these watches coming with type of hands.

I was wanting to get the hands matched to the dial - thought on if I should use the hands that are currently on it, or the other set?
Recommendations on where/who to send to for hand work?
Thanks!

Where are you located? Or you don't mind shipping the watch out?

The baton hands you show on the right are original to the watch — I suspect yours is from around 1964-1966, when these were standard. The previous owner obviously had it serviced at some point and had service sword hands installed.

It is up to you which set you want to have resumed to match the dial, but just make sure someone who knows what they are doing works on it. Otherwise, it will likely look like s**t. If it were me, I’d keep the sword hands and not resume. Doesn’t look that bad to me. It’s a vintage watch and will never look perfect.

Thanks for the replies. The sword hands are noticeably brighter than the dial at night. The stick hands match the dial pretty closely. I'm willing to ship but live in the Pacific NW.

Thanks for the replies. The sword hands are noticeably brighter than the dial at night. The stick hands match the dial pretty closely. I'm willing to ship but live in the Pacific NW.
You should send it to: http://www.lawatchworks.com

$500 to relum hands!!

If your lucky. The aging process will be equal on both hands and dial. Lot of times they will not.

The hands are open on both sides and may aging differently than the luminous sitting on the dial which is open on the face side only.

How to match up the color is the real question if you need it to match. Burn method, various stains to mix in, tea dip (also good for aging ivory to make it look vintage).

All trial and error

My advice. Leave it as is

DON

Yes, I may just leave as is. Not thrilled with the shipping/insuring issue. Thanks to all for input.
D