Seamaster 2577

Trying to figure out if this dial on a Seamaster 2577 is refinished or not. Currently not sure, originally I thought no, then yes as the dial looks too clean, slight deotriation maybe, maybe not, minute markers are some longer than other, are they positioned too far back from the hour markers, is the text correct.

Then in comparison to others I am now wavering back across to an original unfinished dial.
IMG_20240224_124950.jpg

So this is the dial I am referring to.

In comparison,the dial below on a sold 2577 was advertised as original condition, which I doubt. I thought the text was slightly incorrect.
IMG_20240224_124924.jpg

Looking at a few other 2577, the seamaster text is in a different position on the 4th photo, but the minute markers seem to be similar to the 3rd and 4th photo to the dial in question.

Any help appreciated.

IMG_20240224_125439.jpg

IMG_20240224_125458.jpg

I see no issues with dial number one.

Thank you, trying to learn from all the good knowledge and insight from you guys, think I go blind looking at dials sometimes. See things that are not there, and probably miss the obvious.

Yes: I forgot: in comparison to #2 with the square.
lume on hands need lume on hour indexes
edit: and vice versa

In comparison to similar dials, I have no lume on any indices, but open to correction.

Would we sée a "T" on the dial if Lume was to be present.

In comparison to similar dials, I have no lume on any indices, but open to correction.

not if it is radium ;)

Your dial looks original to me, the indices except the numerals contains lume as it should.
The other dials you posted have another dial layout and therefore lume on other places than yours.

No T since this is a watch from the 50s (T is for tritium)

@hejsam : Show me any (hands lumed!) 50ies Omega with NO lume on 12 / 6 ( 3 -9)

edit: Seamaster in steel , CS , large second hand

@hejsam : Show me any (hands lumed!) 50ies Omega with NO lume on 12 / 6 ( 3 -9)

edit: Seamaster in steel , CS , large second hand
All with a similar dial configuration as the poster showed, or what do you mean?
There are loads of them
IMG_4189.jpeg

What about that one? I see some issues with it probably old refinished, right? No lume on numerals.
IMG_3547.jpeg

What about that one? I see some issues with it probably old refinished, right? No lume on numerals.
IMG_3547.jpeg
Looks fine to me, whats your issues?

The space between minute track and markers.
The indices can have fallen off at some point and then attached back again and ended up a bit crocked, not that uncommon they fall off "naturally". But can of course also be a hint for redial if the indices have been picked off, but in this case I think the dial looks fine otherwise but picutre quality is not great.

All with a similar dial configuration as the poster showed, or what do you mean?
There are loads of them
IMG_4189.jpeg
OK :thumbsup:

Well, who knows for the dial which is 70 years old. Let's call it OK.

Black version of the OP’s watch. As pointed out by @hejsam pretty common to have no lume on the numeral indices.

IMG_4928.jpeg