Seamaster 200m quartz on the bay

Asking $395. I like the aesthetic. Does it look all original? Is it priced too high for the condition and the model?

1.png 2.png 3.png

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Yes, that looks original. There were two types of quartz movement in these watches a cal 1441 and cal 1438. This configuration (caseback, crown and mercedes hands) you show was the earliest (1988-89) and should have the cal 1441, a very accurate movement that Omega only used for a year or so.
The trouble is that many of those movements were swapped out in services either for the 1438 or an ETA equivalent. The only way to know is to look.
The price seems extremely reasonable so worth checking everything is functional.

I agree it looks good, especially for that price. But I would want to see the movement and make sure there wasn’t leakage from a battery — a lot of people put watches away when the battery dies, it leaks, and the movement is ruined.

Yes, that looks original. There were two types of quartz movement in these watches a cal 1441 and cal 1438. This configuration (caseback, crown and mercedes hands) you show was the earliest (1988-89) and should have the cal 1441, a very accurate movement that Omega only used for a year or so.
The trouble is that many of those movements were swapped out in services either for the 1438 or an ETA equivalent. The only way to know is to look.
The price seems extremely reasonable so worth checking everything is functional.
The hands and crown didn’t change exactly when the movement did and you see plenty of 1438s with those too. The only way to tell is to pop the back.

I agree it looks good, especially for that price. But I would want to see the movement and make sure there wasn’t leakage from a battery — a lot of people put watches away when the battery dies, it leaks, and the movement is ruined.
Seller says a jeweler just installed a new battery.

Are the bezel and crown gold-filled, gold plate? 14k solid? I don't see any wear-through.

The bezel is 18k gold and solid and the crown is gold plated. I have seen examples where the crown has peeled but this one appears to be good.

Padders is right that the hand and crown changes did not exactly coincide with the movement change, however this particular caseback was only found on the very earliest incarnation (actually 1987-88) and will have almost certainly had the 1441. When there are examples with the 1438 it will be because it was swapped out.

I have the same watch, but not two tone. The movement was bad. It was replaced with the ETA movement, it's a great watch. I believe mine is a 34MM and has the same caseback as the one pictured.

Someone picked it up at the last minute for the opening bid. I tried to make a few offers, but they were automatically declined. Unfortunately my current "play money" fund balance didn't allow me to bid. Would have been a great watch to take on the camping trip I have planned in the UP of Michigan this summer.

The bezel is 18k gold and solid and the crown is gold plated. I have seen examples where the crown has peeled but this one appears to be good.

Padders is right that the hand and crown changes did not exactly coincide with the movement change, however this particular caseback was only found on the very earliest incarnation (actually 1987-88) and will have almost certainly had the 1441. When there are examples with the 1438 it will be because it was swapped out.

Should the bracelet be two tone?
They came in two sizes, this one is the smaller of them. They are easy to differentiate by the date window spacing to the minute marks.
If you are pursuing one again, the bracelet links are not easy or cheap to find, and the clasp does not have a micro adjustment, so check the length before purchase.

Just one another point you should pay attention for:
The clasp should have the inlayed Omega-logo in gold (even on a complete steel bracelet).