Seamaster 149.10 SC-62 - Lessons and Moving forward

Hi all!
When we all start into the vintage omega game, I think it seems to be a right of passage to get burnt atleast once.
I am a software engineer by day, and retraining through BHI to one day become a watch service technician and therefore I have been practicing in my spare time.

I have owned many vintage omegas in the past, and modern ones but this time i decided to buy a broken seamaster on ebay to fix up as a restoration project, and for experience.
My big mistake? Trusting ebay and not participating in the great wealth of knowledge here first.
I will admit, this does not seem to be a horrendous burn but we will see.

Here is the reference from the Omega Database:
https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-de-ville-omega-ck-14910

VyKqzBi.jpg

Dial looks suspicious, So I assume it is definitely a repainted dial, the lume pips dont look correct.
although, it was originally mentioned in another thread the hands could be replacement, but looking at the omega database they look correct? However I heard that Lume dial means hands should be lumed, so one of these is not like the other...
Nlo8mPH.jpg

Crown could be originial, although it does not look great.
lFAoVFe.jpg

Serviced not long ago, although the mainspring is blown...
3HEGXYP.jpg

Atleast it came on a nice fake omega buckle.
ytNUxBq.jpg

Cal 565 movement looks decent other than the blown mainspring I'll have fun giving it a service.
jYNskdZ.jpg

Overall I dont think I did terrible with this one, but I would love to hear your opinions on it.
I am pondering if its worth doing the service and leaving as is, or find a new dial?

Happy posting!

The hands would be correct for a no lume dial but the bigger issue will be finding a nice correct dial, this one isn't age appropriate for the watch, maybe a service dial but not even sure about that, it's just plain wrong. Dials on these watches were domed, this one looks completely flat. Looks like a later dial from a cal 1010/1012.

Incorrect crown but that's not a big deal.

Kind of depends how deep you're into it already.
Edited:

Like 1
Kinda hard to say how upside down you are unless we know what you paid. Still a redial is only going to be worth <300 even after service and new parts.

Oh I’m not worried about what I paid for this, I’m not into this one to make money. It was a good lesson in researching first and has been a good practice piece for servicing. If I can plot around eBay and find hands dial or crown for a couple hundred bucks or less I’ll throw them in to make it more authentic.
Thanks for the comments!