Seamaster 1370 battery replacement help

I inherited this 1979 Seamaster from my grandfather. It was a retirement gift from his company after 30 years of service. When I received it, it was not working So I took it to the Omega boutique near me. They indicated that their technician could not replace the battery because it had evidence of moisture damage on the hands and face and needed a complete maintenance service. It was sent to the Omega service center in Secaucus New Jersey. they told me that due to its age they could not service it and it needed to be sent to the Omega headquarters in Switzerland. Reluctantly I spent the $400 for the complete maintenance service and off it went. Two months later I received the watch back in nearly perfect condition. The work they did was truly stunning. Now 2 1/2 years later and the battery has died. I have brought it to three different jewelers who refused to touch it due to “liability”. I have not had a chance to bring it back to the Omega boutique or the service center in Secaucus but I have this gut feeling that they are going to tell me it has to go back to Switzerland to have the battery replaced. Is anyone familiar with this vintage watch? Is the battery something I can replace myself? a watertight seal is not something I am concerned with. I do not wear the watch regularly and I’m only concerned with keeping it from corroding inside from a dead battery. According the swatch group service info, this caliper is only serviceable in Switzerland. And now it’s up to $500….
Edited:

The battery is easily replaced if due care is taken. The bridle that holds the battery can be damaged if handled roughly.

You need an SR936SW or equivalent from a reputable brand (Maxell, Seiko etc).

It's a task that any competent watchmaker can undertake (NOT the guy at the mall kiosk).

BattChart.png

The battery is easily replaced if due care is taken. The bridle that holds the battery can be damaged if handled roughly.

It's a task that any competent watchmaker can undertake (NOT the guy at the mall kiosk).

BattChart.png
Appreciate the information. There is a dedicated watch repair shop a few towns over for me I may try and stop there this week. I’ve come to the realization that your average jewelry store, even ones that sell Rolex and Omega, are not equipped.

BattChart.png
I was able to find the service manual online. Very helpful. Looks like something I could do myself also. Do you happen to have a source for the gasket part number? Not sure I’d replace it but good information. Oddly enough the service documentation didn’t list it

Found a new factory sealed bridle on eBay just in case I get brave and try to do it myself. :D

The screw holding the battery clamp is small. You need a small screw driver and a pair of good tweezers to put the screw back after battery change.