Scratching the itch or Barking Mad!

I am in my early sixties and should be thinking about retirement, something I have noticed a lot of members doing recently (clever people). Me, no, let's just embark on what could be the most stressful exercise in my life so far.

For more years that I can remember I have wanted to do a home stay or boutique resort and so about five years ago I set the wheels in motion and started searching for the right location. This took longer than expected and several location changes until I happened on what I believe is the perfect location for me. Sorted, location identified, land purchased and Covid. Covid put the brakes on everything as we know, including the processing of the land.

Twelve months ago I sold our business and all has started in earnest, it has also proved to me that I could not retire and do nothing. Land finalised, Architect engaged and away we go.
Below is a short pictorial on the current state of play for our little island paradise off the bottom of Vietnam😀

The land and views.
DSC_1271.jpeg

IMG_6766.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

It is a steep narrow block, so we had to get creative with access etc. I also had very clear vision of what I wanted which meant a lot of back and forth with the architect but eventually he nailed it. All rooms look over the Gulf of Thailand.
Image 11-7-22 at 12.53 PM.jpeg

Image 11-7-22 at 1.02 PM.jpeg

Image 11-7-22 at 12.54 PM.jpeg

Image 11-7-22 at 12.55 PM.jpeg

Making it official. My wife and the ground breaking ceremony.
IMG_9825.jpeg

IMG_9821.jpeg

IMG_9814.jpeg

IMG_9818.jpeg

Still a lot of hurdles to overcome and hopefully will not need to decimate the watch collection.😁

1. Let me know when you start to decimate the watch collection 😁.

2. Let me know when I can book a holiday.

3. Wishing you the best of luck/goodfortune/no problems/etc.

Bold move -- congratulations. I'd love to go back to Vietnam, particularly the south. How long before you're up and running?

Below is a short pictorial on the current state of play for our little island paradise off the bottom of Vietnam😀
Congratulations—amazing. Phu Quoc? I spent two days there maybe fifteen years ago and have been dying to go back ever since. Well, maybe Phu Quoc is more off the bottom of Cambodia. Anyway, looks like you did something right.

Bold move -- congratulations. I'd love to go back to Vietnam, particularly the south. How long before you're up and running?
Plan is by quarter three next year, but it is Vietnam😉

That looks absolutely amazing, I can picture my arse at that bar already mate

Congratulations—amazing. Phu Quoc? I spent two days there maybe fifteen years ago and have been dying to go back ever since. Well, maybe Phu Quoc is more off the bottom of Cambodia. Anyway, looks like you did something right.
No, not Phu Quoc. If you liked Pho Quoc fifteen years ago you probably wouldn't like it now. For the last five years or so it has fundamentally been a construction zone for multiple International resorts and golf courses.

Our island is a tiny island about sixty kilometres to the east. 12 square kilometres and 16 km's to ride around😀

Will be better than the concept😁

looks amazing!
wish you all the best on your project! 👍
Edit: looking forward to all the Coffee/Cocktails wristshots 😎
Edited:

No, not Phu Quoc. If you liked Pho Quoc fifteen years ago you probably wouldn't like it now. For the last five years or so it has fundamentally been a construction zone for multiple International resorts and golf courses.

Our island is a tiny island about sixty kilometres to the east. 12 square kilometres and 16 km's to ride around😀
That’s why I wanted to get back as soon as I could. I thought there was no way this place wouldn’t end up looking like Cancun. Looking forward to updates.

Hmmm...., Seems to be the perfect location for Asia's best international Watch Fair. And the island location will keep Thieves away..... 1 week with international dealers and private buyers. How much for a Table ? Your next business adventure is shaping up! Love it. Achim

You took the words right off of my keyboard!

Just bought shares in a luxury watch as a investment so should have plenty of $$s to holiday by the time your finished mate…..👍

Good to see you have moved further mate…

Well done : a nice move that would keep you out of any boredom risk for some time 😀
Good luck with your project and keep us updated.
Is the top building for your watch location ?

That is fantastic. Great to see someone with vision and a clear idea of what they want.

I’m with a few above. Keep us posted on completion dates, that looks a perfect place to chill out.

Wooooooah! Fantastic…I too can see my arse at that bar (however dressed in summery clothing)…looks like the perfect location for the first official OmegaForums GTG.

Good luck with the project…you wouldn’t happen to be in the market to adopt a son would you? Asking for a friend… 😗

Edit: my vote -> definitely still Barking Mad
Edited:

Good luck with your venture!!!
I assume an international airport for our private planes is also in the works?

Best

Well … Vietnam is on the bucket list… keep us posted! I too could picture me and Mrs S at that bar.

Beautiful and best of luck, he who dares wins. Now, I've never been to Vietnam, Mrs. BAJJ would approve.
I too hope you don't have to decimate your wonderful collection, one that I admire daily on WRUW, but if you do........