Scratched Lugs at Omega Boutique

I can`t understand why they don`t use brass, bronze or softer material spring bar tool.

Completely agree. If buying a new bracelet or strap from an AD they always want to install it but I now insist that I’ll do it myself at home.
My watchmaker often repairs vintage watches for the local Rolex AD. He once told me that Rolex had required them to buy a very nice, but expensive, tool that simultaneously heats the bracelet link (to release the thread-locker adhesive) as you unscrew the link. But they didn't know how to use it, so they were just trying to do it with a cheap screwdriver they bought at the hardware store next-door. He showed them how it works, but apparently they still weren't comfortable with it, so they don't use it.

I scratch my lugs on my own, and don't even get $900! Someone on ebay was selling these covers for the 1861 a few years ago and I picked one up. Would be nice if Omega included something like this in the box of goodies along with a proper screwdriver?
Edited:

Appreciate everyone’s input. The $900 credit with Omega on a future service for any Omega watch and a spot on the Snoopy wait list seem very good to me. This is what they have done.
You should name the store and location. Anyone willing to provide this amount of service for s scratched lug, deserves all the praise and all the new customers it can get. This shop would be my first stop when buying a new watch. ( Except that I live in Azerbaijan and they probably don't ship here.

This is contributing to thread-drift, I know, and it’s a well worn topic. But fwiw, when it comes to strap changes and avoiding scratched lugs, a bit of practice and a lot of patience can make all the difference.

As crazy as this sounds, before attempting to do anything on one of my nice watches, I’ll do a few trial runs on one of my cheapo pieces. Just to get a feel for it, as it’s not something I do very often. Also, I like using the Bergeron tweezer-style tool and follow the YouTube-guru guidance to pull the watch case away from the bracelet/strap, rather than pulling the bracelet/strap/tweezer away from the watch. The idea is that your tweezing hand stays fixed in place, and that decreases the risk of scratching the watch. Anyway, it works for me. I’m sure others have other thoughts.

I rarely bother with masking tape or anything like that.

I also don’t care that much if the underside of my lugs get a little scratched.