Scammer ApolloXVII is back for more

Not intending to go off on a tangent but how lazy/ disinterested can someone be to post the same picture more than once to the WRUW thread?! It’s a signal that someone’s only motivated by post and like numbers…

I have been that lazy…:thumbsdown:

:D

Sometimes the photo on the iPad is better than the one I just took ;)

Yep, me too at times

Yep, me too at times

No date models, I reckon…

Not intending to go off on a tangent but how lazy/ disinterested can someone be to post the same picture more than once to the WRUW thread?! It’s a signal that someone’s only motivated by post and like numbers…

Laziness seems to be something most scammers have in common.

Thank you for taking the time to spread all of this knowledge, I’m sure you’ve save a few people from losing money.

Laziness seems to be something most scammers have in common.
This is the thing that always blows my mind. If they actually put their efforts to good and not evil, they would be shocked at how successful they could be.

Being good on the long run is much more elaborate and strenuous than making money on the fast lane. No matter how. Maybe this is the idea behind.

200 posts should never be seen as a OK seller.
I read a lot of posts before I judge character of a seller. Due diligence is a big part of working out who you will buy a watch off.

Not every WRUW thread is always as it seems.

Reminds me of the member (non scammer) that had different arms everyday on WRUW. :whistling:

Was caught out as he had threads asking what Rolex to buy as he didn’t have one (yet had previously posted several on WRUW a month or two prior….)

Couldn't agree more, anytime I like a watch enough to potentially make a purchase I read through older posts of the seller to get a feel for who is on the other end, and knock on wood that has served me well. Aaron thank you for taking the time to research and expose, its members like you who make this site top notch!

One nagging question is on my mind after reading the previous thread linked to the OP's first post in this thread today. Some victims had tracking reporting the package is stuck in Romania or hasn't left Romania. How could the perp arrange it so it appears an actual shipment in Romania has occurred? One would think there would be no record at all of a shipment and the tracking # to be bogus. Could the perp have an in with the Romanian postal service? This spurious shipping scenario doesn't make any sense.

One nagging question is on my mind after reading the previous thread linked to the OP's first post in this thread today. Some victims had tracking reporting the package is stuck in Romania or hasn't left Romania. How could the perp arrange it so it appears an actual shipment in Romania has occurred? One would think there would be no record at all of a shipment and the tracking # to be bogus. Could the perp have an in with the Romanian postal service? This spurious shipping scenario doesn't make any sense.

I haven't read the thread recently, but is it possible that the "seller" lives in Romania (or has a collaborator there), and mails a package with a faulty address on it so it gets stuck?

That issue I found puzzling too- there was tracking provided but it never made it out of country. Pretty elaborate scam in that case.

That issue I found puzzling too- there was tracking provided but it never made it out of country. Pretty elaborate scam in that case.

Yes I figure even with a faulty address as Dan mentioned, the package would be well on the way and out of Romania. Tracking should at least show the buyers country as history of the package travels.

Maybe I haven't thought this through, but could he just send the package to some fake address, not in the buyer's country at all? Like a non-existent country or postal code. Or maybe not drop off the package properly. He probably has figured out some way to manipulate the tracking system.

This is the thing that always blows my mind. If they actually put their efforts to good and not evil, they would be shocked at how successful they could be.
Unfortunately for the victims, crime often DOES pay. :(

I was one of his first victims. If he would have simply sent an empty box I would have had more difficulty making a case. I imagine once several empty boxes showed up it might have been easier to prove however.

In my case he created a tracking number but the package never moved. The site to track the package was in Romanian so that added the extra step of translating every page I tried to navigate.

Maybe I haven't thought this through, but could he just send the package to some fake address, not in the buyer's country at all? Like a non-existent country or postal code. Or maybe not drop off the package properly. He probably has figured out some way to manipulate the tracking system.

Oh for sure you got that right. The perp has a system going on that we might not be able to figure out.

The perp has a system going on that we might not be able to figure out.

And now that I think about it, maybe that's for the best.

I would be mortified if I posted the same watch twice on the WRUW thread but at least it would have a different date/time, if not by a second or 2. sheesh.