Forums Latest Members
  1. Skrv Jun 24, 2021

Hi,
    Any recommendation for Rolex service in Pennsylvania (I stay near Lancaster)? I am looking to get my watch serviced and a possible bezel insert replacement.

Thanks in advance.

2. duc Jun 24, 2021

When I contacted them regarding where to send mine for routine servicing, they replied with the following:

I hope this message finds you well. Please be advised that our Geneva office shared your email, below, with our Service Center in hopes that we may be able to assist you with your Submariner servicing needs. You are welcome to mail your timepiece to either our Service Center in New York as you did in 2012, or to Dallas, TX. The Lititz facility is open only to our Official Rolex Jewelers, not to consumers, so you may elect to have Springer’s jewelers mail it for you if that is your preference.

I have attached our mailing instructions for your convenience, or if you wish to reply with your mailing address, we can send you a complete mailing kit that contains all packaging materials you would need to securely ship your watch to our facility. When insuring your timepiece with Registered Mail, please insure for the current retail value of $8,550.

We look forward to assisting you and remain at your disposal for any further questions or concerns.

With warm regards,

Isabela

[​IMG]

3. Skrv Jun 24, 2021

Thank you @duc. I tried reaching out to my local Rolex authorized center and they are behaving like they are doing me a favor. Any recommendations on an independent Rolex service company or person in PA?

Thanks again

4. ATWG Jun 24, 2021

Contact Govberg and see if they have a watchmaker they recommend. They might have their own on-sight watchmaker.

NYCwatchgal and Foo2rama like this.
  5. Dan S Jun 24, 2021

I'm not sure what you are referring to as your "local authorized center", but there are only a few actual RSCs in the US: LA, Dallas, and NYC. If your watch is relatively modern, sending your watch to one of those places would be a perfectly good option.

If you are talking about an authorized dealer, most of them are just retail jewelers. It's worth taking some time to understand the difference.

6. Skrv Jun 24, 2021

Thanks @Dan S . You are correct, I was referring to authorized dealers when I mentioned local service centers. I will call the RSC in NY to see if they can take my watch in. Thanks again for taking the time to respond so quickly.

Dan S likes this.
  7. blueteg Jun 24, 2021

::facepalm2::::facepalm2::::facepalm2::
    Brutal. It's not like they are super busy selling stuff (they have none to sell!), you'd think they would enjoy having a little bit different type of interaction with a customer vs. what they presumably do all day: talk about the shortage/lackof product.

8. Skrv Jun 24, 2021

Yup. At this point looks like they have given up on Rolex stock and they care about only people who buy high end jewelry from them. Every time I interact with them come back more frustrated. If only omega had a nearest boutique :(

9. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jun 25, 2021

I've had good experience with the Dallas RSC over the years for modern Rolex. No need to go through a Rolex AD, and service center will have all the info you need. They will require shipment via USPS registered mail (which is slow but secure) or direct drop-off. Will give you a quote before they do any work. I have not had any issues when requesting specific services be skipped or added.

eldiano84 likes this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 25, 2021

I had great experience and fast service in NYC.

11. Skrv Jun 25, 2021

Thanks @Darlinboy and @Nobel Prize. Going to call NYC RSC today afternoon because they are closer. Will update my experience once the watch is back (keep hearing its anywhere between 8 to 12 weeks). Thanks again

12. Dan S Jun 25, 2021

It's really up to you. If you are going to ship the watch anyway, I don't know that the distance matters very much. FWIW, my understanding is that the Dallas RSC is the main flagship service center in the US, where most of the training is done, and it generally gets the best reviews. That is probably where I would send mine unless I was going to drop off a watch in person. But I'm sure NYC is also very good.

Skrv likes this.
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 25, 2021

The bezel replacement they can do there in the moment. The servicing will take weeks for sure.

14. gbesq Jun 25, 2021

If you’re really interested in Omega, try Brent L. Miller jewelers in Lancaster. They have a nice selection and some great people there including a full time experienced watchmaker on the premises. I would second the recommendation for Govberg. Last I knew they were doing most of their servicing on premises at their Bala Cynwyd location in suburban Philadelphia. I’m sure that Rolex can competently perform the work at any of their service centers, but I expect that you’re going to pay handsomely for it and, unlike Omega, you won’t get back any parts that they replace.

15. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 25, 2021

I got my bezel back along with the replacement.....

16. Skrv Jun 25, 2021

Thanks @gbesq. I have been trying to reach Govberg and left them a VM yesterday. Most of what I have read, folks are saying Rolex will gladly replace the bezel but will not give the original back. I am thinking of removing the bezel insert before I send the watch and ask them to put in a new one. @Nobel Prize, seems it can go either way and based on what they feel on that day. Worried about taking a chance and not getting my pepsi bezel back based on what I read previously.

17. Skrv Jun 25, 2021

Thanks Dan. Trying to figure out if I can plan a weekend trip to NY using this as a reason :). Not been out of the house for more than an year and starting to get on my nerves :)

Dan S likes this.
  18. Skrv Jun 25, 2021

Every thread needs a picture :). Here is the newly acquired GMT master II. Apologies for the poor lighting.

859F8E3F-3260-40AC-9A67-8E2CAEAEF0C6.jpeg
    Darlinboy and Dan S like this.
  19. gbesq Jun 25, 2021

Did you send the watch in for service or was it a while you wait replacement?

20. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 25, 2021

While I waited. It was ( I think) about $45 if they kept the old insert and $75 or so If I kept it. This was for a coke bezel on a 16710

wsfarrell likes this.