Rolex replica, real ETA 7750 movement?

Hey all!

My uncle had gifted me what he referred to as a "high quality rolex replica" since he knows of my interest in mechanical watches. With it not being an authentic watch, I've never worn it and it just sits in the drawer. However, when I opened up the watch, I saw that it seems to have a ETA (Valjoux) 7750 marked movement. Been toying with the idea of using this as an opportunity to dip my toe in to watchmaking and either a) removing the movement and putting it into a donor case that would have historically used a ETA 7750 movement, or b) removing any of the Rolex signing on the watch and wearing it as an "unbranded" watch.

However, my first question is it even a real ETA 7750 movement, or is the movement also a knock-off? Any help on identification or suggestions what to do with the watch would be greatly appreciated! Concerns I've had with the movement are:
a) movement is 3/6/9 config which I think is not correct for 7750
b) does not have a date complication which the 7750 I believe did, but didn't know if it could simply be "hidden" under the dial (although I don't "feel" any date setting with the crown in the appropriate position)
c) all the images of the 7750 movement I see are in stainless which this one is not

Well, it says it's an ETA version of the 7750, but is lacking jewels in places where they should be, and has no Etachron regulating system. If it is a real ETA (which I seriously doubt) then it's an early version, but honestly I don't think it's real.

Like 3
If you look on eBay, you can find watch “kits” where you can get generic dials/hands and cases for most popular movements to make your own watch. If that movement is a 7750 it should fit into one of those kits fine and you will get the fun of assembling your own watch as a way of dipping your toe into watchmaking.
Then take a hammer to the fake dial/case and have that off your conscience.

Like 3
Shouldn't it be a 7753 with this sub-dial layout?

Like 1
I was thinking the same. Maybe some trickery under the dial drive the hands?

Then take a hammer to the fake dial/case and have that off your conscience.

:D:D

7753 is what I was leaning towards as well based on research, but if it was an authentic ETA movement wouldn't it be marked as such rather than 7750?

I was thinking the same. Maybe some trickery under the dial drive the hands?
Or one of the subdials is fixed and doesn’t work which is common in half-ass fakes.

That is an Asian 7750 not a ETA. Ignore the stamp. If I remember correctly the pattern for the watch would call for a Valjoux Cal. 7753. I am pretty sure the Asian post copyright call the 7753 a 7750. After the copyright expired China started making these movements. They are not bad, but are often pretty dirty from the factory. I bought a top grade ETA Valjoux 7750 for a sterile watch I had assembled and it was $450.00. Asian ones go for $135.00.
It is just me but would not use this one for a project watch.
7750.jpg

Like 2
Fake watch so doesn’t belong here. Locking thread.

Like 2