Forums Latest Members
  1. OmegaRody Nov 21, 2020

Would like to ask the community about the posibility of buying via phone or online in another states AD and get them to ship it to x person in other state. Have you heard or know about this?

Edited Nov 21, 2020
  2. Dan S Nov 21, 2020

Hey, maybe he wants a day-date.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 21, 2020

Works well in Australia. All my watches come from ADs or boutiques in other states.
    Know someone that recently had a SS Rolex shipped from Singapore to Australia.

4. Ninja2789 Nov 21, 2020

My out of state AD generally required me to build an initial in person relationship with them to start. YMMV.

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 21, 2020

If you have an existing and positive relationship this can certainly be done. I have done this with both Omega and Rolex ADs. Of course selling policies are specific to each Individual dealer.

OmegaRody likes this.
  6. alam Nov 22, 2020

I have done it a few times not only w/Rolex but w/other brands - in my case, I always call my bank/credit card before the transaction in order to clear the potential issue of shipping to a different postal code that does not match the CC billing address.

OmegaRody likes this.
  7. Donn Chambers Nov 22, 2020

I seriously doubt a cold call to a Rolex AD in another state is going to get you the stainless steel sports watch you can’t find in your home state.

now, if it were any other brand, you could do it easily. I have purchased a couple of different watches from a dealer in Arizona (I live in Florida) because there were no local ADs carrying the brands (Alpina and Sinn). Process was easy and straightforward, and I saved a little on sales tax.

Zapatta and OmegaRody like this.
  8. OmegaRody Nov 22, 2020

Maybe in a normal scenario it could be an instant no but now in this pandemic situation I think it can change.

I have seen post in other forums saying that risks their licensing. Really is not something that ackward if the person knows which watch he/she wants and pays for it just needa to be shipped.

Btw the OP41 can be considered as the stainless steel watch that cannot be found?

9. janice&fred Nov 22, 2020

I think the OP was looking for a quartz Cellini.

10. Donn Chambers Nov 23, 2020

i couldn’t find OP36 or 39 models in the black, blue, or white dials before the pandemic at multiple ADs in multiple cities (including Manhattan at Chicago). suspect it will be even worse with the new 41mm models. But the only way to know for sure is to call and ask.