Rolex 6332 - Dial

Hi everyone i just wanted to get some thoughts. I have this Rolex 6332, which i really love but am a little concerned about the dial. As you will note, the luminous dots are blacked out, and there are two black dots at 12:00. Although I didn’t think much of it when I purchased the watch, I started to wonder whether someone had altered the dial, so I started to look around and do more research. To cut to the quick, I have come to the tentative conclusions that (1) the black discoloration was caused by a reaction of the radium in the luminous dots and (2) there were likely two luminous dots at the top of the dial based upon similar dials that I found. See the pictures - my watch has the black dots whereas the other watch I found online (another 6332) has similar double luminous dots at the top of the dial. Thoughts? Thanks so much for your consideration!IMG_1865.png IMG_2202.jpeg

It's hard to say. Your lume plots don't look original, but the dial is completely different than the other one you posted, as yours has numbers and ticks in the chapter ring. The other is just a railroad track, with more room for lume dots.

I agree that the dark lume is due to some sort of degradation, possibly moisture combined with radiation damage.

In any case, if you are considering having the lume replaced, you should check with a Geiger counter first.

I think both watches shown above are redials. This dial looks original, although not in good shape.

upload_2024-8-1_20-25-52.jpeg

Note the “Swiss” at the bottom of the dial. Neither watch above has that.
gatorcpa

Appreciate your thoughts. I agree that it looks odd, and the real reason to post the second dial was to show that double lune plots at the top of the dial might be legitimate. And why mark the dial in such a way? Doesn’t make a lot of sense.