Forums Latest Members
  1. jacdow Feb 15, 2024

Hi, Have been going through my late fathers mementos and came across a LemAnia
    WWW military wristwatch. Details on watch as follows:
    Black face
    Arabic numbers
    Luminous Hands and dots around watch face
    Inner second face with luminous hand & Luminous green P in second dial face
    Back of watch
    At top WWW
    Then the crows foot
    Then No : A 6001
    Then No: 3*****7
    I have no idea of when this was made or who it belongs to either my father or grandfather as GF in WWI and dad in WWII...

Any information would be greatly appreciated. And believe it or not the watch still works perfectly.

Thanks
    Jacdow

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 15, 2024

Photos please.

Mark020 likes this.
  3. size11s Can’t bat, can’t bowl Feb 15, 2024

An A on the case back indicates a Vertex WWW, a Q would be for Lemania. It isn't uncommon to see WWW's with swapped case backs. The P on the dial indicates Promethium luminous material and makes the watch quite uncommon, it also indicates that the watch stayed in service for quite a long time and wasn't sold off through surplus soon after the end of the war. These were delivered to the MoD in 1945 just after the end of the war. Pics would be great.

McKinley likes this.
  4. serdal22 Feb 22, 2024

Welcome to the forum Jacdow. My condolences for your father. Could you please post some clear dial and caseback fotos so that the members who have knowledge about Lemania could give you some detailed information.

JimJupiter likes this.
  5. Marlowe Feb 26, 2024

LEMANIA DIRTY DOZEN

Here's my Lemania Dirty Dozen. There is no connection with the Battle of Britain. Just a useful prop.

[​IMG]

Here' a rear shot with the 'Q' indentifier. The round indentation indicates it was officially decommisioned and released.

[​IMG]