Forums Latest Members

Right handed + wrong wristed?

1. Grunka-lunka Oct 27, 2020

Does anyone else wear their watch on their dominant hand?

I’m right-handed, but I also wear my watch that wrist.

Does anyone else here do this, or is it just me!?

2. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Oct 27, 2020

I do. I’m predominantly right handed but proficiently ambidextrous.
    6CAFC105-C7DE-4981-95CC-181FF31396D1.jpeg

Grunka-lunka likes this.
  3. redpcar Oct 27, 2020

Drop it in your pocket if you play any sports ;)
    In the old days when people used to write much more, it was a pain to drag the watch across the paper.
    That said, it's in the handbook: right handed = left wrist and left handed = right wrist :whipped:

4. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Oct 27, 2020

Your watch, you can go both ways. Bi-watch wearing I believe it is called.

Grunka-lunka and janice&fred like this.
  5. thelinendial Oct 27, 2020

I’m left handed but wear my wrist on the left. It feels strange for me otherwise.

Maybe because I throw with my right but do everything else like writing with my left.

One of my reasons for not wearing watches earlier in my life was the dragging when I wrote.

6. Scooterino36 Oct 27, 2020

Left handed + “right”wristed here.

3BCCE338-AB66-4337-B41B-3A8FDCECB11E.jpeg
    dougiedude, Spruce and redpcar like this.
  7. TimeODanaos Oct 27, 2020

This guy wears his watch on his right wrist. What is not universally known is, that's his dominant arm! Just staggering really.

Rafa Mille.jpg

Edited Oct 28, 2020
    dougiedude likes this.
  8. OmegaRody Oct 27, 2020

I am right handed and wear left. Right hand for bracelets if Im using

9. Marsimaxam Oct 27, 2020

Unusual but not unheard of... I have always been surprised that there aren't more destro watches made for the lefties out there. Panerai is known for making destro watches. I guess, considering that only 10 % of the population is left handed, no money to be made in left handed watches. In my family, 2 out of 5 were lefties... we beat the odds.

10. Braindrain Oct 27, 2020

Sometimes, all you need to do is ask...

PSX_20200601_204656.jpg

dougiedude, vintage hab and queriver like this.
  11. queriver Oct 27, 2020

Don't forget the Tudor Pelagos LHD...
    [​IMG]
    and one of my favourites, the Sinn EZM1 (and its younger brother the EZM1.1) which wasn't designed for lefties but the crown and pushers are on the left hand side...

IMG_2181 - Copy - Copy.JPG

dougiedude likes this.
  12. Marsimaxam Oct 28, 2020

Let's see all those destro watches out there...

download-1.jpg download.jpg images.jpg

13. Professor Oct 28, 2020

I occasionally wear a watch on my right wrist, but not when doing any sort of manual labor.
    I wore a watch on my right wrist several hours today, while wearing another on the left to see which keep best time on the wrist while sleeping. After taking the right hand one off I got the feeling that wearing a bracelet of near the weight of a watch would feel better.
    Several months back I found a cheap but uncommonly comfortable expansion band for a quartz watch. Shiny black finish, very limber springs, with thin narrow links. I'm thinking of ordering two more in 24mm and splicing them to make a close fitting bracelet to wear on the right wrist. Something unobtrusive and quick to put on or take off.

14. steelfish Oct 28, 2020

I keep trying it as my right arm is just a lit bit bigger than my left - so if I’m getting annoyed with the fit of a watch without micro adjust on my left arm I’ll swap it and it’ll fit nicely on the right.

Feels so odd though. I generally last way less than a day like this before I swap back, or the temp changes so I get a good fir on the left.

Edited Oct 28, 2020
    Professor likes this.
  15. w@tcher Oct 28, 2020

I'm right handed and i always remember myself wearing the watches on the right hand since i was 8yo. I couldn't get used to wearing any watch on my left hand

Grunka-lunka likes this.
  16. S.H. Oct 28, 2020

Chronic left shoulder/arm pain made wearing watches uncomfortable so I switched to right wrist, being right handed. Feels more natural as no crown or pusher ever touches the back of my hand => I can now wear big watches!

I'm also finding that activating a chrono pusher is easier, I must be a little ambidextrous.

Professor likes this.
  17. wilderbeast Oct 28, 2020

Left handed and watch on left wrist. It does mean I scuff up the odd strap due to writing with that hand, but wearing on the right wrist just feels wrong. Like others, I’m not massively left handed. Right footed, shoot right-handed, bowl right-handed.

flw likes this.
  18. Grunka-lunka Oct 28, 2020

I have found that I am harder wearing on straps and some of my more butter-like metal watches get more wear than others!

It just feels ‘weird’ if I wear on my left wrist!

19. Professor Oct 28, 2020

I've found the same.

20. theboytaylor76 Oct 28, 2020

Leftie wearing a watch on my left wrist. I’m very leftie: write, throw, catch, kick, pretty much anything! Wearing a watch on the right just feels weird, although maybe I’d have fewer watches with scratched bracelets or dinged crystals

flw and Grunka-lunka like this.