Forums Latest Members

reward 1.000.- US to get back this stolen 30T2 and 5 others (UPS loss)

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 16, 2019

Dennis used to pack things that could be dropped from the plane at 35000 ft. :thumbsup:

chronos, tyrantlizardrex and Tony C. like this.
  2. dputydwg1 May 17, 2019

Sorry @STANDY but who is Dennis?

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 17, 2019

Satoshi Nakamoto's second-cousin.

4. dputydwg1 May 17, 2019

5. Swissmister May 17, 2019

dwg, shake it off. There are a lot of great members here.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 17, 2019

@ulackfocus a member that used to be here and several other forums. Great watch enthusiast who sold many a nice watch to many over the years.
    And put a lot into the learning of many.
    You can still see many of his informative posts on many forums.
    Started the WRUW thread.

lando and UncleBuck like this.
  7. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 17, 2019

And Longines savant that tired of dribble and lost some tolerances.

I miss some of him immensely and some of him......not so much.
    Way more good than bad.

Good luck but move on quickly, lesson learned.
    Read the green.
    discreet.jpg

Edited May 17, 2019
    Albe100 likes this.
  8. rob#1 May 17, 2019

This.
    Years ago, when packing (relatively) expensive electronics gear, we used to joke that ‘Fragile’ was Italian for ‘Indestructible’ :thumbsdown:

chronos likes this.
  9. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter May 17, 2019

Fish and wildlife still cuts open inspects and barely tapes up some watches I have shipped and these are 30-50k vintage pieces... they could care less. I hope you got insurance my friend and fedex can see the change in weight as the package moves across its network so if empty the insurance company can subpoena the shipping log to see when it was lightened.

Etp095, chronos, MTROIS and 1 other person like this.
  10. Walid4watches Oct 21, 2019

you can insure using this website : https://www.secursus.com/

Next time double box it, to make it harder for someone to quickly open and take the items out

11. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 21, 2019

Make sure you read (and follow) all the T&C's before you do.

12. jeppehh Oct 21, 2019

Anything particular that stands out to you @eugeneandresson?

13. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 21, 2019

https://www.secursus.com/terms-and-conditions.php

Articles 7 – The Customer’s obligations

The Cargo Insurance will not apply if the Customer does not meet all the following requirements:

7.1. Requirements relating to the packaging of the Items:

7.1.1. Requirements applicable when the Items are handed over to any type of Carrier:

• the Items must be shipped inside rigid containers such that the contents cannot be deduced by touching the container;
    • the Items must be shipped inside a second packaging;
    • there must be no information on the packaging that could be used to deduce the nature nor value of the Items. In particular, the packaging must not indicate (non-exclusive list): name or description of the Items; name of a firm; name of a website; any other information that could be used to deduce the nature of the Items; the customs form is not considered as an indication of the value, it should be placed under the airway-bill.
    • a photograph of the Package as well as of the Package’s contents must be taken before each shipment.
    Special Rules :

• If you are a professional selling an item listed on a website, and if your parcel is worth less than 4100 €, taking a photo is not mandatory.
    • Non-rigid and non-resistant packaging such as bubble envelopes or thin cardboard envelopes will be insured for a maximum value of € 200 per package.
    7.1.2. When the Items are handed over to La Poste, and in addition to those requirements set out in article 7.1.1.

7.1.3. The Packages must be sent by registered mail with request of proof of delivery.

7.2. Requirements relating to the terms of Delivery of the Items: the Items or Packages must be handed over to the Recipient in exchange for a conforming signature of the Recipient.

7.3. Requirements concerning the value of the Items, as declared to Secursus: the Customer shall declare, to Secursus, the value of the Items carried. This must be backed up either by a commercial invoice or by a certificate of sale between 2 individuals indicating the value of the Items (case of secondhand Items) or by an expert appraisal indicating the value of the Items (case of secondhand Items). Please be informed that the value declared to Secursus cannot, under any circumstances, exceed the value indicated on the commercial invoice or the certificate of sale or the expert appraisal in regards to new and secondhand Items.

7.4. Requirements concerning eligibility to avail of legal recourse: the Customer must retain its entitlement to seek legal recourse against the various parties involved in the shipment of the Items.

jeppehh and KingCrouchy like this.
  14. jeppehh Oct 21, 2019

@eugeneandresson I agree it's a VERY good idea to familiarise yourself with those requirements.

The 7.1.1 requirements sounds like procedure one should follow in general when shipping valuable items, though.

The 7.3 declaration of value can be a bit tricky though with secondhand vintage watches that potentially havent't been sold in a while.

Thanks for pointing those terms out!

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 21, 2019

the customs form is not considered as an indication of the value, it should be placed under the airway-bill.

This is stated for many websites but it’s not allowed.