Forums Latest Members

Review of Seamaster Diver 300M Chronograph

1. nplenn Jan 9, 2021

This hasn't been on my wrist long, but I'm going to offer my review anyway. This is a serious piece, large at 44mm and heavy which I really like. My wrist is over 20cm so pulling this off isn't an issue, but this probably isn't a watch for smaller wrists. I adore everything about this watch -- the dial is absolutely spectacular and the movement is gorgeous thru the display caseback. The bezel operates smoothly and I don't require more severe knurling, the scalloped edge is fine. The ceramic pushers are beautiful and have pleasant positive action. I think the peanut butter cup HeV balances the watch, so I have no complaints (as so many others do.)

I own a number of chronos, that's what I collect so I find the dual totalizers on the single dial at 3 o'clock unique. Readability isn't great for the chrono, but who really uses it seriously anyway -- I just like the complication. However, the time is very readable and the lume is fabulous.

The bracelet is gorgeous, edges are sharp, but once again I'm not bothered by this. I acquired the matching blue rubber strap and plan on swapping in the warmer months.

I only have one small issue -- not one that will prevent me giving this watch the wrist time it deserves, but something I didn't realize before purchase. This movement doesn't have a jumping minute totalizer, but one with a minute counter that moves gradually. I have a JeanRichard chrono that uses a Dubois Depraz module the moves similarly and that always bothered me.

Just a small thing, love this watch...

20210109_224108.jpg

Tom Bombadil likes this.