Reversing 3861 Sapphire Bracelet - Can Buy Brushed End-Links?

Hello!

First time posting here - sorry if I missed this information in old threads...

I recently purchased a new Moonwatch in sapphire. Although I preferred the all-brushed bracelet on the hesalite model, on balance, the sapphire was a better fit for me. But, after I got the watch, I realized that the links are all brushed on the inside and can be reversed to get essentially the same bracelet that comes with the hesalite model - best of both worlds!! Well, almost... The end links aren't reversible, so I've still got some polished bits between the lugs.

This got me wondering if I could just buy replacement end links for the brushed bracelet. If this is possible (it must be?!), it's not obvious after some searching where/how I would get them.

Can anyone point me to a source and/or part number for brushed end links for the 3861?

Thanks!

You could have the polished bits brushed by a watchmaker.

You could have the polished bits brushed by a watchmaker.

I've considered this, but I like the idea of essentially having two bracelets in one by just getting an alternate set of end links. For those days when I'm feeling fancy!

I have not... The nearest one is quite a trek, so I was hoping to just buy online. That is an option though.
I’ve never had an issue with an OB shipping bracelets to me. You might want to start with them to see if can even get the end links on their own.

I have bought end links in the past from an OB in new jersey. I had a 1578/973 bracelet from an NZL32 and wanted to use the bracelet on an aqua terra so I needed different end links (950 EL's i think??) and they sold them to me and shipped them for free too...
just call them up and know exactly the part # you need.

From memory, there is a serial number printed on the links on the underside of the bracelet.
So flipping the bracelet inside out would display this serial number on the outside (if that bothers you).

From memory, there is a serial number printed on the links on the underside of the bracelet.
So flipping the bracelet inside out would display this serial number on the outside (if that bothers you).
the #'s would be on the clasp on this one, not on the links.
some of the older bracelets that have pins will have arrows indicating which direction to push them but this one would have screws and no arrows. should be fine to reverse it.
I've never tried or thought about it but should work... try it! take pics and let us know!

the #'s would be on the clasp on this one, not on the links.!

I need to try find photos or videos of it, but the serial number was printed on the link closest to the endlink side in the center.

the fully brushed bracelet is part number 020Z017488. The version with the polished intermediate links has part number 020Z017493.
the old bracelet/endlinks numbering has changed, likely need to ask for end links for the model # now, if they sell them separately... im not sure.

I need to try find photos or videos of it, but the serial number was printed on the link closest to the endlink side in the center.
Found it

Omega-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-Professional-Master-Chronometer-Co-Axial-2021-review-22.jpg

OH! i believe you are correct, i found a photo of the stz013814, which does have a model # printed on the link closest to the EL. that would bug me personally. but for over $600 would it bother me? likely yea. i couldn't find a photo of the back side of the 488 or 493 bracelet but i would think they are also printed...

Found it

Omega-Speedmaster-Moonwatch-Professional-Master-Chronometer-Co-Axial-2021-review-22.jpg
yep there it is! well, it was a good idea to get 2 for 1 bracelets though! i would never have thought of it!
all this 3861 talk makes me want another speedy! id want the all brushed version!

Hello!

First time posting here - sorry if I missed this information in old threads...

I recently purchased a new Moonwatch in sapphire. Although I preferred the all-brushed bracelet on the hesalite model, on balance, the sapphire was a better fit for me. But, after I got the watch, I realized that the links are all brushed on the inside and can be reversed to get essentially the same bracelet that comes with the hesalite model - best of both worlds!! Well, almost... The end links aren't reversible, so I've still got some polished bits between the lugs.

This got me wondering if I could just buy replacement end links for the brushed bracelet. If this is possible (it must be?!), it's not obvious after some searching where/how I would get them.

Can anyone point me to a source and/or part number for brushed end links for the 3861?

Thanks!
I don't know that answer, but you answered one for me. I have both versions, the new white one and a hesalite I got yesterday and when sizing it I noticed that the white one has polished middle bars(?) and the hesalite bracelet is all brushed.