Forums Latest Members
  1. cjcarpenter Jul 10, 2018

So far, everything looks decent, i.e. a minute track, what appears to be aged lume, Swiss being present, and print being relatively good. Additionally, I am perplexed that the caseback features the reference FX6282. Shouldn't that be a Globemaster?
    [​IMG]

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 10, 2018

photos of caseback, inside of caseback and movement? Higher-rez photo of dial?

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 10, 2018

I think that FX6282 was used for some 2nd generation Globemasters, but also for other watches sold in the US by Norman Morris Co.

Always be wary of 1950's vintage, black dialled Omegas.

Especially when they are bright and clean like that example.
    gatorcpa

Samir, connieseamaster and gemini4 like this.
  4. cjcarpenter Jul 10, 2018

s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg
  5. cjcarpenter Jul 10, 2018

Thank you for pointing out Norman Morris Co. You are exactly right! The caseback features the Arrow and the J

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 10, 2018

Looks like rotor has been rubbing on the caseback. Might be from a long time ago, or might be because of worn parts that are worn right now. Are you sending this to someone to get serviced after you feel comfortable with the overall originality of the watch? Also, it would still be useful to see better dial pics in higher resolution to determine if it has been refinished.

7. ulackfocus Jul 10, 2018

That Arrow and J symbol is Jonell watch case company - just one of several case makers that Omega contracted (ncluding Wadsworth, Star, and several others).

Samir and wsfarrell like this.