Forums Latest Members
  1. pnwyankee Nov 28, 2019

Anybody have any experience buying a watch on the Reddit Watch Exchange?
    I just became aware f it's existence and saw a few appealing pieces, just wondering if it is a safe space for buyers?
    Thanks

2. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 28, 2019

It's the internet, do your due diligence. I've bought & sold there before without issues. But there are always scummy people.

They have a feedback subreddit too, to look people up.

connieseamaster and watch3s like this.
  3. Walrus Nov 28, 2019

I’ve bought on Reddit and almost exchanged my Cellini but chickened our at the last minute. I do know people who successfully exchanged but never tried myself

4. GordonGekko Nov 28, 2019

I also look on the reddit page, it's really nice and helpfull. If the price is too high people will react. There is also a feedback reddit page: r/watchexchangefeedback. On this page you can search the feedback on your seller.

connieseamaster likes this.
  5. mrchen Nov 28, 2019

There's a decent bit of moderation and community vetting that goes thru on watchexchange. Have bought and sold stuff on there with no issues at all. The community is definitely enthusiast driven though, there's a lot more buyer's privilege than any other marketplace. They will balk at most people trying to move new Rolex or Tudor. Knowledge of vintage pieces is almost non-existent there and I've seen horrible redialed Omegas get 100 upvotes. The most luck you'll have buying/selling on there would be 'entry-level' pieces between $500-$2500.

Edited Nov 28, 2019
  6. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2019

I signed up :thumbsup: Thank you for the info

7. joeshoup Nov 29, 2019

Indeed, it's a great but not super knowledgeable community. I've bought and sold a couple dozen watches there without any issues, and there are some regular sellers with great stuff (kabaclyde for instance always has interesting and affordable vintage pieces, including many Omegas). Not a place to try to move anything high-end, but you'll find ready buyers in the sub-$1000 category.