Recommended Good Value / Vintage - New Deals On EBAY & other Auctions

Not an auction (so delete if need be), but if you're into Wyler's I know of one that's for sale. I believe he's asking somewhere around $300. Send me a message and I can put you in touch.

Unknown.png
The seller @MoclovFlop is also a member here ;) :thumbsup:

Not an auction (so delete if need be), but if you're into Wyler's I know of one that's for sale. I believe he's asking somewhere around $300. Send me a message and I can put you in touch.

Unknown.png

Yeah that’s a stunner and I know the seller. Been really tempted to get it. I think what is holding me back is that it has a relatively conventional dial and handset, compared to other Wyler Lifeguard or Dynawinds.

Thanks for sharing, now I am very tempted again ;)

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Ugh- these were $500 pre-pandemic, should have grabbed one when I had the chance.
Am I the only one who still gets hung up on pre-pandemic pricing of watches- like time stopped on March 14 2020 and we have been stuck in some bizarre alternate reality.

Indeed we are stuck in the darkest timeline.

EVcaXZdUMAEm-MK.jpg

Ugh- these were $500 pre-pandemic, should have grabbed one when I had the chance.
Am I the only one who still gets hung up on pre-pandemic pricing of watches- like time stopped on March 14 2020 and we have been stuck in some bizarre alternate reality.

I think the seller is smoking something on the price for that with the condition issues.

Agreed, almost all watches are up post pandemic, I know my friend sold his Rolex hulk for crazy money. It’s was crazy how prices went up give in pandemic luxury goods should come down.

Up for sale is a reasonably priced buy-it-NOW Tissot automatic in a 10k gold-filled case from the late-1950s intended for the US market. The calendar band probably indicates the date this beauty was put in the drawer and forgotten about. It retains the original signed crown, a lovely cream-colored dial with applied markers and the applied logo, sharp case edges, and best of all: Crosshairs!

For any prospective buyers - there is a light inscription on the caseback, and carefully check the case edges for any wear of the gold-fill. Don't forget the movement will need a full lube-oil-adjust service before it becomes a fantastic everyday timepiece.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354692171852

s-l1600.jpg

Up for sale is a reasonably priced buy-it-NOW Tissot automatic in a 10k gold-filled case from the late-1950s intended for the US market. The calendar band probably indicates the date this beauty was put in the drawer and forgotten about. It retains the original signed crown, a lovely cream-colored dial with applied markers and the applied logo, sharp case edges, and best of all: Crosshairs!

For any prospective buyers - there is a light inscription on the caseback, and carefully check the case edges for any wear of the gold-fill. Don't forget the movement will need a full lube-oil-adjust service before it becomes a fantastic everyday timepiece.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354692171852

s-l1600.jpg
That’s a sweet watch for little money. Should clean up nicely.
The clover crown is probably worth a chunk of the asking

E9045317-2864-48E3-B46B-4A847D6E9D0C.jpeg 8C3AD076-E983-4829-B917-B033D9954AA0.jpeg So this arrived last Thursday but I’ve been away.
Definitely needs a service as the crown is difficult to engage setting date and time but very happy with it. Actually runs pretty well so far.
Thanks for posting it initially right here.

E9045317-2864-48E3-B46B-4A847D6E9D0C.jpeg 8C3AD076-E983-4829-B917-B033D9954AA0.jpeg So this arrived last Thursday but I’ve been away.
Definitely needs a service as the crown is difficult to engage setting date and time but very happy with it. Actually runs pretty well so far.
Thanks for posting it initially right here.
Absolute thrilled one of us bought it. Looked too good to let it just wander out in the world.

My $77 shipped from Japan Technos Skylight arrived in what may be record time - 7 days.

Crop 1.JPG Crop2.JPG Crop3.JPG

It is as described - non running. The crown will not wind the watch, but I can pull it out and set the time. I haven't had the back off yet to see what may be going on. Regardless it's going to need a service that is going to vastly increase its overall cost, but its a damn good looking watch I think, and the bracelet, while very fiddly to get on your wrist, is very comfortable. All these need is one Hodinkee article and they will suddenly be a grand instead of $200-300.

My $77 shipped from Japan Technos Skylight arrived in what may be record time - 7 days.

Crop 1.JPG Crop2.JPG Crop3.JPG

It is as described - non running. The crown will not wind the watch, but I can pull it out and set the time. I haven't had the back off yet to see what may be going on. Regardless it's going to need a service that is going to vastly increase its overall cost, but its a damn good looking watch I think, and the bracelet, while very fiddly to get on your wrist, is very comfortable. All these need is one Hodinkee article and they will suddenly be a grand instead of $200-300.

I just handed one off to a friend as a gift this weekend (they called it their 'constellation prize'). I was really impressed with it and now want to score another one for myself. I agree they are way undervalued.

I just handed one off to a friend as a gift this weekend (they called it their 'constellation prize'). I was really impressed with it and now want to score another one for myself. I agree they are way undervalued.
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh

Hey, let's go the Hodinkee route: let's pool our money, buy up every Technos available, wait 6 months, and then flood the market with articles about what a good value they are. Who's in?

But seriously, I just added like 5 Technos to my ebay watchlist, lol.

Hey, let's go the Hodinkee route: let's pool our money, buy up every Technos available, wait 6 months, and then flood the market with articles about what a good value they are. Who's in?

I’ve been trying that with Seawolfs and snorkels! Unfortunalty @hmmmcamu already cornered the Snorkel market

The grail with those is flawless (of course) with all factory brushed finishes, back medallion, factory fitted mesh bracelet. They are so cheap there really is no reason to settle. But that ain’t gonna be $77.