Recommended Good Value / Vintage - New Deals On EBAY & other Auctions

Circa 1958 Tissot Seastar, manual-wind, steel case, in reasonable shape for a reasonable price ($150) on the 'Bay. Great starter watch for someone wanting to try vintage. It even retains its original signed crown! :thumbsup:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234170452790
s-l1600.jpg

What a find! That is a winner for $150!

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Cheapie skin diver with some issues (case wear, needs service) but the dial and hands look great and it's on an (original?) tropic-like bracelet. Great look.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154612649703

upload_2021-9-15_20-14-29.png
Postage almost twice the price of the watch :(
Ahh Australia you isolated wonderland

Circa 1958 Tissot Seastar, manual-wind, steel case, in reasonable shape for a reasonable price ($150) on the 'Bay. Great starter watch for someone wanting to try vintage. It even retains its original signed crown! :thumbsup:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234170452790
s-l1600.jpg
Would this still be good value at $210 US?

I'm a bit confused. If you're talking about that specific watch, it's a better value at its current Buy It Now price of USD $150. :) The seller might even accept less if you reach out and make an offer. If you're talking about Seastar models in general, then we'd need to see the watch before a value judgement could be made.

I'm a bit confused. If you're talking about that specific watch, it's a better value at its current Buy It Now price of USD $150. :) The seller might even accept less if you reach out and make an offer. If you're talking about Seastar models in general, then we'd need to see the watch before a value judgement could be made.
I mean this particular watch.
On my eBay, BIN shows as $164.99 US
and get it into Australia total cost including postage and import fees would be $210.(or so)

sorry I should have provided a better explanation in my first question.

I would go up to $250 for a really good clean example. The problem here is the photos are less than ideal. I spent a while staring at the photos and I think the case is sharp, which is good. I can't tell how clean the dial is. Maybe you should ask the seller to take a picture of the dial next to a window.

I mean this particular watch.
On my eBay, BIN shows as $164.99 US
and get it into Australia total cost including postage and import fees would be $210.(or so)

sorry I should have provided a better explanation in my first question.
There is always this option where you could forgo eBay. I personally don't know if it's still available as he hasn't updated the listing but it's another Seastar to look at.