Recommend field-/military style watches

Please recommend nice vintage field-/military style watches. Other brands also taken to consideration. Preferably not too many complications and black or black + other color dial 😀

Inspo piece below:

Prices are climbing, but you could do a lot worse than a Smiths W10:

7DFD322B-2843-4435-AC98-CB4BD0023285.jpeg

(This one's actually a 6B, but identical apart from the caseback markings)

Google: "Dirty Dozen"
Other than the list above, one of my personal favorites. (image from the web as I don't have this model, yet)
upload_2020-9-23_15-18-33.png

How about a issued Hamilton W10 , prices are very reasonable and plentiful.
ACFE5B80-B8DF-4635-8B21-A7C80CF5919A.jpeg

Hi @BCHH,
Welcome to the forum. Will you kindly tell us a little bit about yourself and your interest?
Your question suggests you are trying to invest and have heard it’s good to buy miiiitary watches but you don’t know which one?
Best regards

Please recommend nice vintage field-/military style watches. Other brands also taken to consideration. Preferably not too many complications and black or black + other color dial 😀

Inspo piece below:

What is your inspiration? Do you want to honor military in general, a particular country, or time period? Or do you just like the look of a military? For me, I was particularly interested in honoring WWII US military. There is a lot of garbage out there, so it took me a long time to find a nice A-11. They are not particularly robust so this is more of a special occasion watch.

20200905_124815.jpg

Hi @BCHH,
Welcome to the forum. Will you kindly tell us a little bit about yourself and your interest?
Your question suggests you are trying to invest and have heard it’s good to buy miiiitary watches but you don’t know which one?
Best regards
Well I'm a newbie and thought asking here by starting this thread would be an easy way to see new inpiring pieces of this style of watches.

I have actually always kind of "been into watches". I have owned several of them (yes, also other than DW fashion watches), but started to build interest into vintage pieces just recently.

Military watches have always caught my eye so this is not something I have heard would be just good to buy. Just tryna find some inspo here that's all 😀

What is your inspiration? Do you want to honor military in general, a particular country, or time period? Or do you just like the look of a military? For me, I was particularly interested in honoring WWII US military. There is a lot of garbage out there, so it took me a long time to find a nice A-11. They are not particularly robust so this is more of a special occasion watch.

20200905_124815.jpg
War time watches in general has always been something that I've been interested in! Maybe cos my wardrobe has a vintage vibe and I have many garments for eg. from Vietnam war.

And not a specific period (at least for now) but I'm sure the more I get into this style of watches it will become more clear.

Well I'm a newbie and thought asking here by starting this thread would be an easy way to see new inpiring pieces of this style of watches.

I have actually always kind of "been into watches". I have owned several of them (yes, also other than DW fashion watches), but started to build interest into vintage pieces just recently.

Military watches have always caught my eye so this is not something I have heard would be just good to buy. Just tryna find some inspo here that's all 😀

There are 80 pages of inspiration in this thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/w-military-ruw-today.51940/

Finding an honest issued military can be a little dicey. There are a lot of put together, faked up, "military watches."

Also check out:
https://www.cwcwatch.com/

I am a big fan of Vietname war era field watches and can get modern versions of them as well. My profile pic is a late 60s Hamilton next to a new Hamilton field mechanical. Prices for both are reasonable.

Is quartz an option? If so why not a CWC G10? My favourite being the Fatboys(1980-82's).

IMG_20200826_105739_481.jpg

I think the Omega 1953 pilot, RAF issued - is an extremely wearable nice watch. Fat or thin-arrow, very readable and comfortable, and a good size.

0CE324EA-9A8A-4EB5-B6CC-D124F518D102.jpeg

Join MWR for military watches. They know about the current fakes. If you want an Omega, stay here and learn what's possible. Kind regards. Achim