Recent pickup - Opinions on 14900 62 SC Constellation?

I recently picked up this 14900 Connie discovered on the eBay vintage thread (https://omegaforums.net/threads/rec...-not-for-inquiries.1790/page-395#post-2208095)

Since the eBay photos are pretty bad, I thought this watch deserves some further discussion here. Overall, I think it's quite clean, the lugs are polished unfortunately so I can't see the top facets clearly anymore, and to be frank, I'm quite sad over this but I do think the dial makes up for it. It is stellar from my untrained eyes, the crown looks correct but I'd appreciate more expert opinions here. This makes me question if I should I keep looking still for the perfect one or is this good enough.

Another point of concern is the the body lacks the facets, a sign of of fake as from the guide by Desmond. I'm not sure if they are polished down or it's actually a fake case.

Edited:

Case was polished extremely heavily.
It doesn't look like a fake case to me, but at the same time, many distinguishing features typical to dog-leg cases are really hard to make out here. If you can provide a shot of the engravings on the interior face of the caseback, that may also help with assessment since the fakes tend to have weird reference number engravings

Crown seems okay to me. I've seen enough 14393/14381s with that fancy Omega rather than the typical flat foot that I'd be fine with it.

Agree with others that your case looks genuine. The angles are there, just rounded.

Dial looks nice. Onyx inlay? Is it possible to distinguish onyx from rubber on photos?

the dial look very very nice and it deserves a better case, look out for a sharp case with whatever-dial and make a swapadoo, you will end up with an extremely nice example.
Edited:

Dial looks nice. Onyx inlay? Is it possible to distinguish onyx from rubber on photos?

I wasn’t aware of rubber insert, isn’t that just a rumour ?

I wasn’t aware of rubber insert, isn’t that just a rumour ?

This rumour came from one internet source and is entirely unproven.

the dial look very very nice and it deserves a better case, look out for a sharp case with whatever-dial and make a swapadoo, you will end up with an extremely nice example.
+1. Great dial, but a fair case. My gold capped ‘62 14900 says hello.

Thank you all for the insight. More than the pie pan dial I love the facets of the dog leg case. Given that those are gone, I decided to return the watch and restart the search.

Thank you all for the insight. More than the pie pan dial I love the facets of the dog leg case. Given that those are gone, I decided to return the watch and restart the search.
Good decision and best of luck with the new search.