Forums Latest Members

Re-evaluating the Omega Seamaster Railmaster non-LE

1. SHM Mar 23, 2020

There isn't much love for the Omega Seamaster Railmaster non-LE. I passed on it myself at first. At least until my AD offered me a 20% discount. Of course, the only reason for that discount is it's a slow seller. Dealers don't want them sitting on their shelves for years on end. And here's where I think Omega has a problem. The modern Railmaster just doesn't photograph well under studio lighting. It's so much nicer in the metal, particularly once you take it out into the real world.

So here are some real world images of my Railmaster for your re-evaluation. Hopefully, they'll show there's more to the modern Railmaster than first meets the eye. The real joy of this piece is how the light catches the case, the hands and the dials. It's never too much, always understated, under the radar. But it has presence and character nonetheless. Not my favourite watch by any means, but a very practical and enjoyable piece. Stick it on a nice distressed leather strap, and it's just a great, everyday casual watch - one that I find myself reaching for more and more often.

rm1.jpg rm2.jpg rm3.jpg rm4.jpg rm5.jpg rm6.jpg rm7.jpg rm8.jpg rm9.jpg

haqq777, mojack448, Lou P and 11 others like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Mar 23, 2020

You take great photographs :thumbsup:

To me it is a more interesting Railmaster than the 60th Anniversary one, but it is let down by the case design which is too bulky, IMO. If it had had the profile of the Anniversary Railmaster, it would have been great.

JanP and SHM like this.
  3. SHM Mar 23, 2020

Many thanks. Agree, case would be better at about 11mm and more versatile with it. Very much a chunky, casual kind of watch as is.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  4. aleksejeremeev Jan 4, 2021

At first glance, you can not say that this lume has such a strong potential. How long does it last ?

5. Dedlock Jan 5, 2021

I will always sing praises for the modern Railmaster, this isn't a flashy watch but it has a charm and an ease to its presence, and then we have a dial on initial glance perhaps seeming flat but it comes alive outdoors as the pictures above demonstrate it subtle but has substance and depth.

6. kangamatt Jan 6, 2021

Beautiful watch and even better.... great pictures. :)

7. VjaceCZ Jan 6, 2021

Nice pics, better than the official ones :)

Enjoy the watch!

8. alam Jan 16, 2021

I agree with you on both counts :thumbsup: I also enjoy mine precisely for similar reasons -- great photos by the way. What strap are you using?

9. kip595 Jan 16, 2021

I may be the odd man out on this one, but even as a lover of both blue and grey hued dials, the 'denim' effect on the RM simply seems too gimmicky to my eyes, even in person. They are w/o a doubt a fine watch overall, however.

You took some great shots there, and enjoy the piece in good health!

10. ollipekka Aug 14, 2021

I think this Railmaster was missed oppoturnity. I saw someone owning modded version of this with the trilogy hands. As someone mentioned, the case is also big.

11. Tx3double Aug 19, 2021

The dials on these new railmasters look hideous to me, trying to hard for some fake patina. I’d love to find a NOS 2500 railmaster, those are true beauties.