Forums Latest Auctions Members

Re-evaluating the Omega Seamaster Railmaster non-LE

1. SHM

SHM Mar 23, 2020

There isn't much love for the Omega Seamaster Railmaster non-LE. I passed on it myself at first. At least until my AD offered me a 20% discount. Of course, the only reason for that discount is it's a slow seller. Dealers don't want them sitting on their shelves for years on end. And here's where I think Omega has a problem. The modern Railmaster just doesn't photograph well under studio lighting. It's so much nicer in the metal, particularly once you take it out into the real world.

So here are some real world images of my Railmaster for your re-evaluation. Hopefully, they'll show there's more to the modern Railmaster than first meets the eye. The real joy of this piece is how the light catches the case, the hands and the dials. It's never too much, always understated, under the radar. But it has presence and character nonetheless. Not my favourite watch by any means, but a very practical and enjoyable piece. Stick it on a nice distressed leather strap, and it's just a great, everyday casual watch - one that I find myself reaching for more and more often.

rm1.jpg rm2.jpg rm3.jpg rm4.jpg rm5.jpg rm6.jpg rm7.jpg rm8.jpg rm9.jpg

2. ConElPueblo

ConElPueblo Mar 23, 2020

You take great photographs :thumbsup:

To me it is a more interesting Railmaster than the 60th Anniversary one, but it is let down by the case design which is too bulky, IMO. If it had had the profile of the Anniversary Railmaster, it would have been great.

SHM likes this.
  3. SHM

SHM Mar 23, 2020

Many thanks. Agree, case would be better at about 11mm and more versatile with it. Very much a chunky, casual kind of watch as is.

ConElPueblo likes this.