Forums Latest Members
  1. vbrad26 Dec 28, 2021

Did a search, did not see a dedicated thread. Only a handful of FS threads or others asking if they were any good.
    Aside from the Tudor, I also got another watch for Xmas. It was just sort of eclipsed by the Diet Pepsi.
    My grandfather gave it to me (not the one who gave me the Seamaster but the one who we just bought the Coral Red OP for).
    It is a Parsifal W1 8000. Not something I would ever buy for myself, but I'm still happy to have it considering who it was from. On the plus side, I have been wanting something with a blue dial.
    While researching, I found a picture of one on a shark mesh bracelet that I actually thought improved the overall aesthetic of the watch, so I ordered one.
    Anyway, here it is...

F7560AA6-C1FB-4BC6-AACA-32229B960459.jpeg

I'll get some better pictures of it once I get the mesh on there.

2. vbrad26 Dec 29, 2021

Anyone? Anyone….?

E2FDFD54-590C-40F1-B7CA-BDF1539F95D7.jpeg

Well did I improve it or was it a swing and a miss?
    I think I like it.

945D8804-1A42-45ED-BBED-71C81A118B9A.jpeg

3. Walrus Dec 29, 2021

Well I come from a similar thought as you. Whenever I am given a watch or watch related item as a gift it doesn’t matter so much the make it’s that someone payed attention to your interests and took the time to get something they know you are into. Actually the wrist shot doesn’t look bad. If I received that as a gift I would certainly wear it. I was considering buying one Raymond Weil one of the limited edition Beatle watches that were floating around for a while. I came close a few times but could only find gold tone cases which seemed a bit too flashy but now that I don’t see them around much I wish I had got one. So thumbs up from me I was ecstatic to receive a rather cheap six watch holder case as a gift as it came from people I like a lot.

vbrad26 likes this.
  4. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Dec 29, 2021

Yep, I prefer the look of it on the shark mesh and I imagine it’s a more comfortable fit too

vbrad26 likes this.
  5. vbrad26 Dec 30, 2021

Yeah I think it is interesting for sure. I've always been intrigued by the shark mesh, but just never really had anything that could pull it off.
    This is just some random one I bought off Amazon for $20.
    All in I got $20 into this thing - not too bad hah.

So I didn't start this thread JUST to show off this watch.
    I was hoping there may be some other Raymond Weil lurkers on here.
    From what I gather, they are mostly decent time pieces, just not super popular and have horrible resale. This one in particular is quartz.
    And I got to figure out how to spin the chrono hands back to "0"
    I have not played with it yet, but on some of my old quartz chronos it was just a matter of fiddling with the pushers.

Spruce likes this.
  6. janice&fred Dec 30, 2021

something to watch out for with those RW quartz chronos is inside the case there is a plastic insert that the pushers bear up against to actuate the chrono functions. they are prone to breakage with repeated use but easily replaceable.

Spruce and vbrad26 like this.
  7. vbrad26 Dec 30, 2021

Hmm interesting. Thanks for the tip!
    I believe it starts, stops and resets fine. But just gotta figure out how to get it all lined back up.

8. janice&fred Dec 30, 2021

ah that's just a matter of playing with the push buttons while having the crown pulled out to it's two positions. a bit of trial and error and you'll figure it out.

vbrad26 likes this.
  9. Pianotuna Dec 30, 2021

I have a couple of RW watches. More by accident than design since they’re not what I’m into as such. One I bought as a gift for the gf, but she didn’t really like it so that’s on the market. (Much prefers the UG ultra thin cal.42 I gave her a while back). The other is a Saxo that is just a super clean, stylish dress watch, really nicely finished piece that keeps the usual impeccable quartz time. Impulse bid on the bay and picked it up for not a lot.
    They seem to fall into a category along with Rado, appealing fashion watches that people buy spontaneously in airport shops. They’re no less a timepiece than anything else, just with hideous resale value. Or so it seems.

Nupero and vbrad26 like this.
  10. Danwales Dec 30, 2021

I don't know much about Raymond Weil but I have known the name for a long time. The reason being is that I had a mate in my teens who was a bit flash and he had a gold one. We were about 17 at the time and it was a pretty expensive watch. He was very proud of it indeed.

Nupero and vbrad26 like this.
  11. Nupero Jan 9, 2022

I have one RW, a quartz Tango. I got it as a gift 14 years ago and didn't like it at all. Never wore the watch. I still think it's pretty ugly but I have learned to love it :D Now I wear it regularly. Watch has a nice feel and the finishing is not bad.

upload_2022-1-9_15-16-28.jpeg

vbrad26 likes this.
  12. vbrad26 Jan 10, 2022

I must admit, I still haven't worn mine :unsure:

13. ghce Jun 30, 2022

They do some beautiful quality pieces though I must admit many dont appeal to me, here is one that did and I bought it in preference to a Tag which was similarly priced but nowhere near the quality of the RW in form or function.

WP_20210923_23_53_23_Rich.jpg

IMG_20220518_181233.jpg

Edited Jun 30, 2022
    vbrad26 likes this.
  14. blubarb Jun 30, 2022

Their designs just don't speak to me, a bit like the Tag Heuers (probably aside of the new Autavia)