Rare Omega 18K Seamaster Ultima

Posts
13,628
Likes
18,979
Still an attractive and relatively rare watch. I will take the over on $3500.
Me too. If anyone in the U.S. were to buy it, it would be another 10% tariff, plus fees, plus state use tax (collected by eBay). Probably 20% surcharge at least.

As much as I would like to own it, I’m not going to overpay like that for it.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
35,652
Likes
39,900
Another one with some dial damage and polishing going no reserve on eBay, definitely a decent amount of gold weight for a head only watch, any guesses as to what it might go for?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/298513047066

$2200 so far, I feel like it might actually go for $4k or a little over just because someone will still want to wear it as a unique looking statement piece even in that condition
 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
1,585
Likes
5,378
Finished just north of $3500 USD. A fair result given the rarity of the reference and the overall condition of the watch. I suspect the drop in gold value over the past few months would have been a factor as well.
 
Posts
35,652
Likes
39,900
Another rather cool Ultimata Chronometer with diamond lugs. I've seen two previous Ultima's with heavily embellished lugs, the asymmetry of the setting makes me think it Is likely custom rather than factory but its hard to say as that pattern does exist too. Nice dial too, far better overall than the last one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/257702468443

 
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Posts
1,585
Likes
5,378
Pretty cool design. I doubt it came out of the factory this way, soldering is a bit sloppy/inconsistent. Case appears to have sustained damage in some spots but it’ll be interesting to see what this one goes for. I’m going with another ~$3500 prediction for this one.
 
Posts
749
Likes
1,313
Wow, how to ruin a great watch. I wonder if the diamonds could be removed and lugs returned to original state. Assume this would be very difficult and the whole would need re polishing and detailing.
 
Posts
1,604
Likes
2,718
Wow, how to ruin a great watch. I wonder if the diamonds could be removed and lugs returned to original state. Assume this would be very difficult and the whole would need re polishing and detailing.
Might be tougher than simply finding a good goldsmith because you would likely need to color match the 18K composition…
 
Posts
1,585
Likes
5,378
I doubt this one will make it past authentication, unless the buyer wants to proceed with the purchase without the authenticity guarantee (and buyer’s protection?) from eBay.
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
I doubt this one will make it past authentication, unless the buyer wants to proceed with the purchase without the authenticity guarantee (and buyer’s protection?) from eBay.

I might be mistaken how authentication works - I thought some random dude looks at a watch, checks if the company name is spelled correctly and sends it away.
Is there actually a chance it’ll be stopped there because the diamond fitting isn’t completely straight?
 
Posts
1,585
Likes
5,378
I purchased this terribly neglected grand luxe several months ago and it did not pass inspection because of what the authenticator declared a “custom bezel” 😵‍💫 I doubt there’s a consistent screening protocol during the authentication process.
I might be mistaken how authentication works - I thought some random dude looks at a watch, checks if the company name is spelled correctly and sends it away.
Is there actually a chance it’ll be stopped there because the diamond fitting isn’t completely straight?