Forums Latest Members

SOLD RARE & HONEST TWO TONE OMEGA REF. CK 2639-1 FROM 1950

1. bernarddevos Jan 24, 2020

Hi guys,
    I am selling another super sweet Omega, this time a two tone ref. CK 2639-1.
    Only for the lovers of some wabi-sabi.
    The watch was pretty rough when I bought it but I just loved the look of it.
    It was kind of a true barn find.
    My watchmaker did a hell of a job saving it. He disassembled the complete movement and cleaned all the parts, replaced a couple parts and screws and brought it back to life. Many many hours of work.

It's running again as a true Swiss watch should. For people who might be frightened by this kind of adventures I assure the movement is good for many years to come. That's why the watch comes with a 12 month guarantee.
    I can also show the invoice of the repair costs.

Dial shows some wear ( we can call it patina :) ) but for some reason it looks just stunning. The two tone colors change depending on the light and angle. I think my pictures tell everything.

Case is untouched if you ask me. Super sharp and in really good condition. No signs of corrosion.
    Inside of the case-back showing all the correct engravings.
    Movement super clean.

Original crown with flat feet Omega logo.

Model: Omega ref. CK 2639-1
    Year: approx 1950
    Size: 36mm
    Movement: Cal 265
    Serial number: 12174493

I always try to price my watches competitively. I enjoyed the project and now I hope someone else will enjoy the watch. Nevertheless I need to take into account the service costs. I also include a very nice 18mm Hirsch suède strap with Omega 16mm buckle. I will also include a fully insured FedEx shipping.

Price: 975 euro ---> 750 euro ( strap and FedEx shipping included )

Payment: Bank transfer preferred / PayPal possible ( +4% )

Best regards,
    Bernard

fullsizeoutput_326a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_326b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_326c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_326d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_326e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_326f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3269.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3271.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3272.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3273.jpeg

Edited Feb 1, 2020
    PCLB, Nathan1967, rbob99 and 14 others like this.
  2. rhetoric Jan 26, 2020

Love the combination with that colour suede band!

3. bardamu Jan 27, 2020

That's a very nice watch, as usual from you. GLWS!

bernarddevos likes this.
  4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jan 27, 2020

I have the almost exact same one, same dial layout just a little bit darker, owned previously by my grandfather and father. It is by far the one of my watches that gets the most praise from non-watch entusiasts. Almost every time I wear this at work one or two of my collegues notice it. Just an absolutely incredible watch. The size is also great. GLWS!

5. bernarddevos Jan 28, 2020

Now reduced to 850 euros.
    B

davten likes this.
  6. bernarddevos Feb 1, 2020

Reduced to 750 euros

7. bernarddevos Feb 2, 2020

on hold pending funds now.
    Thanks K. and OF

bardamu likes this.