Forums Latest Members

SOLD: Tatty two-tone Omega Constellation ref 14393

1. Dr No Mar 5, 2019

Hi, all,

I've asked for, and received, permission from a mod to post this FS on behalf of a friend. I'll be taking full responsibility for both ends of the transaction.

Here's the story: one of the regulars in my weekly pool tournament, Ray, recently inherited an assortment of watches including three Omegas. I've known him for seven years; his everyday watch is a Planet Ocean. Great guy, to say nothing of his pool skills.

My watchmaker is currently servicing the other two for him, one of which is also a Connie (later model). He wants to sell this one.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0206.JPG

It requires attention from a watchmaker as it's been sitting for years. A crystal and crown are also required (gold cap is missing from the face of the original crown). Smudging is mostly on the crystal, not the dial. My estimate of restoration costs would be $450 at a minimum. Obviously no safe queen, but entirely original save the crystal, and running.

Considering its condition and necessity of servicing before it's ready for use, the asking price is Paypal $750 shipped insured for $700 via USPS registered mail. Buyer is limited to resident of the US as registered USPS mail is the only sure method of delivery, and I'm not taking any chances on it being lost. ($50 to cover registered mailing and Paypal fees; the watch is $700.)

Feel free to contact me with questions.

Cordially,

Art

Edited Mar 5, 2019
  2. Dr No Mar 8, 2019

[bump]

3. Dr No Mar 11, 2019

[bump]

4. Dr No Mar 14, 2019

Sold. Thanks to OF for the space and permission to post!

Art