Forums Latest Members
  1. Delbok Feb 27, 2015

Hi

I have not a big experience in Ranchero but I found this one attractive, probably not in the best shape anyone could dream of but still... I did not purchase it yet and would need your expert eyes to spot if anything look strange to you ?
    Face.jpg
    back.jpg
    cb.jpg

I had a doubt on hands but they look right after looking around and in OF with these interesting posts
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/ranchero-original.4329/
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-ranchero-1961-rose-gold-plated.14528/

it looks like the lume has disappeared and I don't know if this can be done by a watchmaker

According to the seller the case back precises a reference PK2990.1 with Calibre 267 N°173XXXXX

Thank you very much for your help and thoughts !

2. Steve1haggart Feb 28, 2015

I'm no expert by a long shot . I did a bit if research it look right for the year a good clean up and a health service would be in order.

I'm sure an expert will be along shortly to give you some good advice. Here's a bit of info I found on you forth coming purchase

image.jpg
    Edited Feb 28, 2015
  3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Feb 28, 2015

A few points. First, this is a pk 2990 so the case should be gold plated. You would want to check the plating is not worn through at any point - otherwise you are looking at an expensive repair. The watch looks correct to me, including the hands. As you noted the lume is lost, but this can be addressed by a watchmaker. Finally, the movement is correct and the serial number is in range. The condition of the dial is rough, so it all comes down to your personal preference and price, IMO.

4. Delbok Feb 28, 2015

Thank you very much for your comment Joe. The contact told me he was selling this from his collection and offered this for a price of 700 EUR which I found reasonable compare to some prices I watched on the internet. I will probably go and check the watch in a couple of weeks as he does live close to my place.

Thanks again for your help