Ranchero: Always wanted is it too good be?

Other than a replacement crown looking for input and issues. Thanks in advance.

Mike

How many have you looked at, what is your assessment?

How many have you looked at, what is your assessment?
My first assessment was the dial was repainted so I asked for additional pictures. They sent two of the dial back (I only posted 1) so now I am thinking it may have just been cleaned up not repainted. I am more of a speedmaster guy as far as knowledge and details. I caught the crown myself, but it is not a deal breaker.

Not a great example. Dial has a heavy patina, hands are very oxidized and the lume is in poor shape. Case also looks polished to me, especially around the lugs. Compare to mine:
IMG_7406.jpeg IMG_7405.jpeg IMG_7404.jpeg

Don't go for it, dirty dial + lost paint on numerals.

Don't go for it, dirty dial + lost paint on numerals.
To me, lost paint on numerals is a big issue. I'm afraid other part of the paint will also chip off soon with any small bump to the watch...

Not a great example. Dial has a heavy patina, hands are very oxidized and the lume is in poor shape. Case also looks polished to me, especially around the lugs. Compare to mine:

Thank you

By the way your watch is beautiful wear it in good health.

By the way your watch is beautiful wear it in good health.
Thank you. Be patient in your search. Rancheros are rare, but good examples come up for sale every year. $5-7k USD will usually be enough to purchase a quality example.