Radium dials and hands - remove, restore and relume? Advice welcomed

Other than having developed the ability to fly and propel myself at almost limitless speed, I haven't noticed any side effects from wearing my watches with radium lume.

You are lucky and I realize that I got cheated.

I always wanted to have the ability to fly. Dreamed about it frequently when I was a kid. All I got from wearing my watches with radium lume is this developing prehensile tail.

First photo is an alpha detector; second, third, and fourth is a beta/gamma detector on various parts of the watch.
Unsurprisingly, the back of the case is roughly 1/20th the beta/gamma exposure than the face ( nothing but some thin plastic between that radium and the world).

Citing info given here:

x1753780-ae28956bde1f39d6800bbe2059947064.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dgjFR17DlP.webp

A "pretty normal, depends on local geology" on the back; "Real risk of cancer" on the front.

Interestingly, there were no more alpha particles detected than baseline on the back. Front had some detection, even after wiping it down to account for external contamination.

Radon not evaluated, but a discussion for another time.

Did you hear about the guy who died because he wore a radium dialed watch? He was crossing the street and got hit by a bus while he was admiring the watch.

Did you hear about the guy who died because he wore a radium dialed watch? He was crossing the street and got hit by a bus while he was admiring the watch.

Marie and Pierre Curie conducted pioneering research on radioactivity
In 1934, Marie Curie died of aplastic anemia
In 1906, Pierre Curie died in a Paris street accident.
Their remains were sealed in a lead lining because of the radioactivity.

Marie and Pierre Curie conducted pioneering research on radioactivity
In 1934, Marie Curie died of aplastic anemia
In 1906, Pierre Curie died in a Paris street accident.
Their remains were sealed in a lead lining because of the radioactivity.
If you spend a great deal of time researching and working with a dangerous substance, common sense dictates that it’s likely not going to turn out well.

I was trying to point out
If you spend a great deal of time researching and working with a dangerous substance, common sense dictates that it’s likely not going to turn out well.
I was trying to point out that they both worked on it and won the Nobel prize; she died from radiation, him being hit by a bus.

I was trying to point out that they both worked on it and won the Nobel prize; she died from radiation, him being hit by a bus.
Yep, understood. I was just noting the ironic consequences of her work. Her research and dedication to advancing scientific knowledge came at the cost of her life.

Are we certain that radiation wasn't driving the bus?