Forums Latest Members

Questions on the NTTD James Bond Seamaster

1. donatello2468 Sep 4, 2020

Hi there!

I recently got a chance to try out the new NTTD James Bond Seamaster at the local OB and I have to say, I was very impressed with how well it wore. This watch was definitely not on my radar after it launched, since I thought the SMPc usually was a bit too big and heavy for me, but the slightly reduced thickness along with the Ti construction really felt nice on my wrist. I usually take some time before deciding to add a watch to my collection (you know, to prevent any impulse buys :p) and wanted to get more information before deciding. So people who own it and others, how are you liking it ? I see there was a discussion about scratches, but it didn't seem like too much of a concern ? Any other issues or such ?

[The other thing that prevented me from buying it was the price. Since I usually see the SMPc go for reduced prices here (got my Hesalite Speedy from the forum earlier this year), I was also hoping to see some discounts outside of the boutique, but I think the market price has been very close to the retail price for this one.]

P.S: This is my first major thread on the forum, so if I'm doing something wrong, do let me know :)

2. abrod520 Sep 4, 2020

I personally found it pretty objectionable as the dulled / stealthy finish of the dial is washed out completely by reflections from the crystal. I also did find that it scratches pretty easily (be very careful if you plan on swapping straps on it). Size and thickness were lovely though and I was disappointed I couldn't get on with it.

My advice is, go try it on again and make sure you look at it from different angles all throughout the store, so you don't get fooled.

donatello2468 likes this.
  3. donatello2468 Sep 5, 2020

Ah got it. Thanks for the inputs. Yes, the reflections are not something I considered. And with the artificial heavy lighting in the store, the watch might looks very different in regular lighting. I'll try it on again a bit more seriously.
    I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it as much, did you end up selling it ?

Thanks !

4. imranbecks Sep 5, 2020

I like the way the brown dial and bezel pop under the light. And the domed crystal really shines nicely too. Other than that, with the brushed case, it's a very muted, understated looking watch. As for the high price and especially now with the recent price increase, to me, its not worth it. You're paying for the material and the whole Bond and Omega branding on it. I'm a Bond fan but it just costs too much. It's already at 13k of my local currency now after the increase, so it's pretty much out of my reach right now.

5. abrod520 Sep 5, 2020

Yes.

You're really paying for the Bond branding mostly - even within Swatch Group you can find other titanium diver models for a fraction of the price. And considering the package comes with nothing - no extra strap, no fun little accessories - it's really not much of a proposition. Unfortunately it seems that Omega is going in that direction nowadays.

6. 3rdstringholder Sep 5, 2020

Feel like a DA, couldn't figure out what NTTD stood for. Had to to do a Google search! And I thought I had a handle on this Bond franchise thing....

wolfe44 likes this.
  7. vintage hab Sep 29, 2020

The new James Bond 300M, which I find awesome in the photos at least, is certainly hard to find. Omega is sold out and grey market prices are higher than MRSP which is annoying (hello Rolex). I didn't think that it was a limited edition. Why short on supply just as the film will be released?