Forums Latest Members

Questions for Apple Watch owners

1. perks713 May 6, 2022

I'm going to try out an Apple Watch for a few days (thanks to Costco's generous return policy) and was curious if anyone had recommendations on watch faces they like.

I'm picking up a Series 7 in 41mm. I've done some googling to try and find an Omega-esq face but haven't had a ton of luck.

I'd love to track down something with a chronograph and moon phase. I like a good Panda dial too.

Facer.io seems to be a good resource, anyone have any other recommendations?

Walrus likes this.
  2. MarktheTime May 6, 2022

I can’t pry the Apple Watch off my wife’s wrist, or interest her in a mechanical watch of any kind…but this suggestion she liked, to match my Rolex GMT! Pepsi to the rescue.
    ;)

63836451-E0AA-441E-B785-7AC9971A615D.jpeg
    blufinz52 and perks713 like this.
  3. ClaudeR May 6, 2022

You might like the “world time” face as it looks very good, is rather legible, and not many mechanical watches pull it off as nicely (it helps tremendously that you can change the color).
    Also the solar faces are very good and not something a mechanical can replicate at all

I have a love-hate relationship with the bloody thing… it looks nice enough most of the time and having a calendar on your wrist is rather good for working days, but i just don’t see any real uses for it so i wear it for a day and then miss my mechanical watch

They’re also ubiquitous and the opposite of personal expression which any jewellery should be so generally i don’t like it that much (not that you asked for my opinion )

4. ClaudeR May 6, 2022

BTW facer.io and anything comparable is a scam, Apple only allows native faces (unlike google WatchOs). So if your looking for anything custom you’re out of luck!

There is a nice chrono face natively too if that’s your thing

perks713 likes this.
  5. bombaywalla May 6, 2022

i'm not an Apple watch owner so i should not write my invective here......;):D

perks713 likes this.
  6. perks713 May 6, 2022

haha I appreciate the feedback. I have a few scenarios I'm looking to use it for. Mostly for after work and weekends. Being able to leave my phone at the house and walking down to the lake or screwing around with my kid and not worrying about banging up a nicer watch. Kayaking, biking, golfing..

Thanks!

7. ClaudeR May 6, 2022

I’m not in the “it isn’t a watch” camp, the things it does, it does really well! It just doesn’t resonate with me!
    I am the opposite than you, I’d never wear out on the WE, no interest in any notifications or anything when I’m not working (and I’m not generally afraid to bang up my mechanical watches :):)

try it out, and if you have questions don’t hesitate to ask!