Question on Omega 2756?

I had a friend recently send me this photo from a local estate auction in his area. He knows I’ve been interested in getting my first vintage omega and I love the look of this style. I’m very new to this, but appears to be a 50’s 2756, is that correct? I assume the strap is a replacement?

My big question is, on the dial, ‘sea master’ is in an unusual font, not the classic script. Is this done by a refinish, or did omega use to do something like this?

Sorry the auction only has the two photos, and absolutely no information or allow bidders to come inspect the watch (it may not even work).

Current high bid is $500 and runs until Thursday night.

Any information for this newbie and suggestions would be great! I love the watch, but don’t want my purchase to be a mistake or pay too much.

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1808.jpeg

It's a very poor redial with a non OEM bracelet. Avoid.

Thanks, that was my fear. Is it not worth even considering if I can get it in the $500 range?

Thanks, that was my fear. Is it not worth even considering if I can get it in the $500 range?
In short, no. This is what a good reference 2576 in original condition should look like:
IMG_7832.jpegYou get what you pay for. The watch that you listed isn’t worth $500, nor would you be able to resell it for that much when you become disenchanted with it - and you will.

Nope