Forums Latest Members
  1. Nord-express Jan 18, 2020

Hi everyone,
    About me and Omega
    I am new to vintage Omegas and vintage watches in general. It all started one year ago, when I re-discovered my late father's 1966 Seamaster De Ville and 1946 Suverän in a drawer. The Seamaster was not working at that time but I sent it to Omega (even if I know many of you do not recommend it, but I thought it would be the quickest). Since the watch was in good condition they did a straight service and it came back very nice, working well for me to wear.
    IMG_0092-1.jpg

My question about the 168.004
    Now I have been bitten by the collecting virus and would like to at least purchase a Constellation from the 60s. I am looking on many reseller sites on Internet trying to find something not too worn but affordable and came across this 168.004 hidden crown, which I like.

There are in IMHO 2 issues:
    - Firstly it was already up for auction in December on eBay and was sold after only 1 bid and now it is up for auction on Catawiki. Maybe it is a bit of paranoïa but it seems strange to me.::confused2::
    - Secondly, looking a the normal details it seems legit to my untrained eyes, except for one issue I have noticed: The Dial design. Since the 168.004 is slightly larger in diameter than other Connies, the dial should also be slightly larger to fit with the tension ring. From the photos it is not easy to see if the fit is good, but all 168.004 I have seen on the Internet does not have the special markers featured here at 6, 9 and 12 o'clock, but regular batons at 6 and 9 and double baton at 12.
    Since there are so many knowledgeable persons in this forum, I am asking for your opinion if this dial is an original for a 168.004 case or not?
    Except from the dial, do you notice any other issues on this watch?.
    Many thanks in advance.:)
    Ulf
    Bild3.jpg Bild2.jpg Bild1.jpg Insidan av baksida.jpg

2. Shabbaz Jan 18, 2020

Markers are not a problem. Dial looks to be good but better pictures are required. They are very blurry.

3. Nord-express Jan 18, 2020

Thanks, nice to know about the dial.
    I have asked for better photos, I will post them when/if I get them.