Question about the hallmark on Omega 168.004/14

Hi everyone.

I've become weak again and bought an Omega 168.004/14 in 14k gold. The watch is in great condition and the dial is perfect. The watch has hallmarks on the underside of the lugs that can be seen with a magnifying glass, should be a squirrel. There is a hallmark on the side of one lug that I can't make out, or maybe it's just a quirk!

Do you have any ideas?

Enclosed, of course, are a few (quick) pictures of the watch.

Best regards, Andreas

IMG_7890.jpeg IMG_7889.jpeg IMG_7887.jpeg IMG_7888.jpeg IMG_7891.jpeg IMG_7899.jpeg IMG_7915.jpeg IMG_7916.jpeg IMG_7914.jpeg IMG_7920.jpeg IMG_7910.jpeg IMG_7909.jpeg

Is that one of the South American import stamps, or similar?

Is that one of the South American import stamps, or similar?

That could very well be the case, but I can't find any information about it online. If anyone has any info, that would be great.

I don't know if the extract service has been re-opened but if so, might this be a way to find out which market the watch was initially sent to, which, may in turn, give you a clue about the hallmarks?

I need to correct myself. The marking I was thinking about was a Portuguese import stamp. Search for that and you’ll find some info. I’m not saying that is what you have, just a guess for a starting point.

Thanks again for the support. I could have figured it out myself, but I only know these hallmarks on the lugs. You can also find pictures online where the hallmark is positioned differently.

I have compared the hallmark with pictures, fits for me. It should therefore be the Portuguese tax hallmark.

I have also found an interesting article on the subject, I'll attach the link to the pdf here: article