Forums Latest Members
  1. Morten B Aug 25, 2020

I’m new to UG, but are very interested in buying a tricompax (or a triple date). I find it hard avoiding redials, any tips on where to buy safe?
    Is it possible to buy through this forum?
    Any thoughts on a minimum amount I would have to pay to get tricompax that hasn’t been refurbished?

2. Dan S Aug 25, 2020

If there is a watch listed in the sales section, you can send the seller a PM to buy it. There are various tricompax threads already for you to read. And no, there is no particular place where you are guaranteed to find an honest watch, no substitute for research and knowledge.

Morten B and Larry S like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 25, 2020

A good watch is going to be north of $4500 for 35mm. 37mm sizes are north of $6500. The early 60’s SS models are well north of $10k. Your best bet is to read here and get yourself a copy of Sala. Post pics here if you need second opinions. You are a long way from being ready to buy. The watches will still be there. Do your research.

Edited Aug 25, 2020
    Mark020, Morten B and Dan S like this.
  4. rkot07 Aug 25, 2020

This forum has excellent information. I just purchased a 22279. With the help of this forum and some of its members I avoided buying a redial or Frankenstein watch. Please use the resources here to educate yourself. Take your time as Larry mentioned. There is an excellent thread where you will see the current ebay listings analyzed which was very helpful.

Morten B likes this.