Forums Latest Members

Pros & Cons of different purchase options

1. Selmaguy Jan 13, 2021

Hello, I’m new to the forum and beginning my search for my first luxury watch - probably a new Omega Seamaster. I need guidance on the pros and cons of buying from an Authorized Distributor, Omega Boutique, Amazon, Jamashop, Chrono24, etc.
    I see a range of prices on different sites for the same watch so how’s the best way to shop.
    I live in a small Alabama town that’s over 250 miles from an AD or OB so it’s difficult to even see watches in person and try them on.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

DaveK likes this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 13, 2021

OB and AD
    is price - Con
    good warranty by Omega - Pro

Jomashop is the opposite.

Chrono 24 like Jomashop but there is also a fake watch Con

Research and plenty of dealers here.
    https://omegaforums.net/forums/watches-for-sale/

Buy the seller and my advice is do the drive and try a watch on before you buy anything

Darlinboy, Larry S and DaveK like this.
  3. maghauri09 Jan 13, 2021

If you are not too much concerned about new watch experience go for the used from reputable seller. I my self faced similar dilemmas

4. asrnj77 Jan 15, 2021

The problem is that if you haven’t tried them on you don’t want to buy them online. I would wait and make a trip to Birmingham or Atlanta and go to a store where you can try them on. Once you know exactly what you like then you can shop around online and find a good deal from a reliable seller.

5. Selmaguy Jan 16, 2021

Thanks for your response. I think I’ll get over to Atlanta so I’ll have a lot of options.

asrnj77 likes this.
  6. cvalue13 Jan 16, 2021

Don’t expect that a watch on the Omega website will be in any particular AD/OB in Atlanta. Might or might not.

Accordingly, plan your travel day with some advanced recon by phone.

7. cvalue13 Jan 16, 2021

PS: if you happen to be at all familiar with car and truck buying, the watch world is not all that different. Buying new from the dealership vs used from a used car lot have a lot of obvious pros and cons each, if you know what to be cautious of.

JohnWoo likes this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 16, 2021

Try them all on and pick what you like and is comfortable. Don’t have brand blinkers is my advice.
    Many have gone in for a Breitling and came out with a Omega and vice-versa.
    Went money in hand to buy a Tudor once and came home with money once I tried it on, it wasn’t what I had drooled over for days.