Forums Latest Members
  1. Cosmin Robert Aug 26, 2022

Hello! Does anyone know why I can only wind my Rolex 16013 at the back? When I want to wind it to the front, it actually refuses to wind, only when I wind it to the back it charges, and the sound of charging is heard... Is this normal? I have seen that in others it winds in the front, not in the back. Explanation?
    https://youtube.com/shorts/ucdSGSQDFS0?feature=share

2. YY77 Aug 26, 2022

What is your definition of back = counter clock wise, front is clock wise?

the_drunk_dial likes this.
  3. Cosmin Robert Aug 26, 2022

Yes! Back = counter clock wise
    Front = Clock Wise.

4. mcemeren Aug 26, 2022

I don't think you can wind it by turning the crown counter clock wise. The question is that why you can't turn it clock wise. Even if the watch is fully wound, usually automatic watches allow gears to slip, I am not sure if the specific movement (3035 ?) has a different behavior.

Dan S likes this.
  5. Cosmin Robert Aug 26, 2022

I thought of one more thing. Is there a possibility that the watch is fully charged, and that this 3035 mechanism resists resistance when it is fully charged? It feels as if it is "locked". 3035 ( year 1986 ) can it be overwinded?

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 26, 2022

It's an automatic. You can't "overwind" it.

You need to see a watchmaker.

Larry S and Dan S like this.
  7. Dan S Aug 26, 2022

That's what everyone has been telling him on the Rolex Forum, but I guess he needed more opinions. ::facepalm2::

the_drunk_dial, Larry S and JimInOz like this.
  8. Cosmin Robert Aug 26, 2022

I'm sorry if I bother, I just asked. On September 1, I arrive at the RSC with the watch.

9. Dan S Aug 26, 2022

RSC should be happy to repair/service a cal 3035. However, if the hands or dial have cosmetic issues, they may recommend or even require replacements (e.g. if the lume is missing or even slightly cracked), in which case you will have a decision to make.

10. Cosmin Robert Aug 26, 2022

I am aware that the people from RSC will tell me that the bracelet needs replacement, hands, polish, dial etc... I will refuse everything, I want the watch to remain original on the outside and with all the scratches it has, I do not agree with the polish. I just want to make it work normally, and flawlessly.

11. Dan S Aug 26, 2022

As long as they say that the changes are optional, that strategy will be fine. Good luck.

12. Cosmin Robert Aug 26, 2022

Of course, as long as they are optional, I will refuse them what is to be refused. Thanks!

southtexas likes this.
  13. Canuck Aug 26, 2022

Good way to have your watch returned the next day, no repairs done!

14. Cosmin Robert Aug 27, 2022

I'm back with an update. I let the watch to stop. I tried to wind the watch in the front and as if by a miracle, he went to charge him in the front, he no longer opposed the resistance that he opposed the first time. The question is why the first time it resisted the wind, and now it is wind perfectly.

15. Amadeus Aug 28, 2022

Dirty automatic, it need service!!

Larry S and JwRosenthal like this.
  16. JwRosenthal Aug 28, 2022

Yup- if it’s been more than a decade, it’s time. If you don’t want the bracelet replaced, don’t send it with the watch. But if they choose to refinish the case, then it will not match. Best bet is to find an independent watchmaker who can do a movement service. But, if parts are needed (which they always need parts), then they will either need a Rolex parts account or a network by which they can obtain parts. My 99% retired watchmaker isn’t an authorized Rolex service provider- but he knows the older movements well and has a network of people he works with that can get him almost any part he needs.

Larry S likes this.
  17. Cosmin Robert Aug 29, 2022

On September 1, I arrive at RCS for service. In the worst case, if polish is mandatory, I will accept a polish made by the RSC.

18. Dan S Aug 29, 2022

A worse case is that they require replacement of the hands.

19. Cosmin Robert Aug 29, 2022

I hope this does not happen.

20. spacemission Aug 29, 2022

They always want to change dials and hands of tritium, faded inserts and bracelets well worn but rolex has good watchmakers, of course.

For example, calibre 3185/6 had issues with the hour hand and they repaired it quickly, until the small piece broke again. We'll see if calibres with 70h. are working hard in the next years.