Princeton Watch Co., New York

I’ve been asked for an opinion on this watch. Movement and dial marked Princeton Watch Co., New York. Does anyone recognize this movement? It looks Swiss, but it has a higher grade finish than I would expect out of a garden variety Swiss watch. Marked Princeton Watch Co. New York. Marked to appear on to be an American watch, it has some earmarks, but suggest it is Swiss.

IMG_2067.jpeg
Edited:

I'm not seeing the pictures. Not sure if it is a problem on my end.

Thanks @JimInOz ,

The New Haven Watch Co. and apparently the Trenton Watch Co. used the Princeton name on watches. Of that I was aware. But to the best of my knowledge, neither company produced a watch of the quality of this one. That “travelling nut” regulator was used by Elgin. Whether it was patented in the U S or not, I don’t know. This movement has many features one might expect on a quality watch, and the finish is quite good. Swiss? U S? No idea.

An Elgin example. The basic similarities are there.
I don't know if that style of click (finger spring) was widely used on US watches.
Safety Pinion also makes me think more of a US watch, I don't recollect many Swiss watches using it.

Maybe Princeton/Trenton was better at designing fancy bridges.

Elgin_Example.jpg

Trenton produced higher quality movements than New Haven. They also produced cheap watches. Trenton produced railroad standard movements. @TexOmega has a Trenton railroad grade model IIRC. Here is a picture of the railroad standard movement recently posted by @TexOmega . The Princeton Watch which is the subject of this thread look nothing like the Trenton.

IMG_2070.jpeg