Forums Latest Members
  1. gop76 Feb 18, 2017

Did you bought it on eBay last week?

2. jban Feb 18, 2017

It'll be interesting to see this one come back to life. Will you show the transition as it happens?
    That is a beautiful model for sure.

3. Luisg73 Feb 18, 2017

No. I put it on ebay,with the no intention to sell,lol

4. Beepos Feb 18, 2017

What do you mean?

5. Florent Feb 18, 2017

Welcome Luisg73,

Beautifull watch, you should bring it to a watchmaker ! for around 100 bucks it will be like new ! ;)

6. jban Feb 18, 2017

I, for one, can accept the perfection in your execution of that plan.

7. jban Feb 18, 2017

I think it would take twice that, maybe even twice and a half.

adi4, Florent and Beepos like this.
  8. Beepos Feb 18, 2017

When you say 100 bucks, what you really mean is a few thousand dollars, lots of time, a crazy amount of luck to find proper parts, and a competent watchmaker...

9. Luisg73 Feb 18, 2017

I already talk with a watchmaker,he gonna put to wor for
    I already talk with a watch maker,he gonna put to work for 100dlls

10. Luisg73 Feb 18, 2017

I already talk with a watchmaker,he gonna put to wor for
    I already talk with a watch maker,he gonna put to work for 100dlls

Diabolik likes this.
  11. Beepos Feb 18, 2017

Oh, my sweet summer child

But seriously, no watchmaker on the planet can replace all the missing parts and properly restore it for that cheap. This is a rare watch, the company doesnt exists anymore, and this was made in few numbers. Either I need a new watchmaker, or like I've said elsewhere, that watch is going to be butchered

12. jban Feb 18, 2017

I think it is very possible to have this done if you happen to have a 94 y/o watchmaker who still has excellent eyesight, and control of his movements and he worked for 20 years at the old Universal Geneve until they closed their doors which enabled him to take with him all of the materials that were left in stock, which he still has, and, he doesn't like to charge more than 1960's wages.
    Piece of cake.;)

Beepos and Oku like this.
  13. Luisg73 Feb 18, 2017

The only missing part is the mainspring,and I already bought on ebay for 15dlls

Screenshot_2017-02-14-19-25-01.jpg
    Florent likes this.
  14. Florent Feb 18, 2017

Please post some pictures when the watch will be finished ;-)

15. Diabolik Feb 18, 2017

Good original nina. Not many with such a great original vintage lume !

ceddemo likes this.
  16. Beepos Feb 18, 2017

Guys, lets try to give him some actually good Advice. I like a flaming wreck as much as anyone, but, I feel obligated to give this gentleman some honest advice. I was not too long ago a newcomer,. and got amazing advice from folks like @Diabolik and Dracha

@Luisg73. I don't know how familiar you are with vintage watches, but in general, what vintage watch collectors look for is a watch that is in good condition with original parts. That's what you see when you're looking at the $10,000 versions of this watch- they have original everything, are in immaculate condition, and often have things like the box and papers the watch came with. Those are things watch collectors value extremely highly. A watch with non-original parts takes a HUGE beating on it's value. It's ok to swap out parts for identical parts- for instance, it's perfectly ok to replace the subdial hand, but only with one that is identical to the one the watch was born with (or else you lose a significant portion of the watch's value)

Watch collectors obsess over the tiniest of details, and we pay a significant premium for what sane individuals would think are meaningless. For instance, lets take a Rolex Submariner, one of the most famous and ubiquitous watches. It came out about 50 years ago, and the early variations of that watch are called the gilt gloss submariners. Now some of those watches, for whatever reason, had the name Rolex lightly underlined. These PCG Underline Gilt Gloss Submariners are worth about 15-20k more than their almost identical brethren that dont have this line.

Now let's talk about your watch. Let's first talk about what is good about your watch. It's dial seems to be in good condition, and the hour and minute hands have a nice patina. The bezel is ok, and you have what I think are the original mushroom pushers

But it's got a lot of significant problems, issues that are not cheap or easy to fix. Let's look at this picture-
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/0AsAAOSwTglYmjdH/s-l1600.jpg

And compare it with this:

http://images.europeanwatch.com/images/24/24660-8.jpg

Can you see how badly the movement in your watch has corroded? It will be surprising to see that movement run, even after you replace the hairspring. Another thing you can see in these pics is that the EWC example has an original crown, while your's does not

Next, let's look at this other picture on your listing

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/IQYAAOSwjDZYmjc6/s-l1600.jpg

Do you see how the top right lug in this picture is bent badly? That's not something that's easy to fix
    Now let's look at this:
    https://omegaforums.net/attachments/14874251469651609470211-jpg.346859/

Things that immediately jump out: you're missing the chrono minute subdial hand, and presumably the pinion that drives it. In additional, the plexi crystal needs to be replaced

These are pretty major flaws. The most expensive parts of a watch are the dial, the movement, and the case. You have a decent dial. The movement almost certainly needs to be completely rehauled. The case may be salvageable according to people wiser than me, but would still be a significant undertaking. Not to mention that you have to be patient for the minute subdial hand to show up on the market.

This kind of work can't be legitimately done for $100, or even $250

17. Diabolik Feb 18, 2017

As much as that ?

18. Luisg73 Feb 18, 2017

Let me tell u something @beepos,I gonna give this watch to my son,maybe in the USA or Europe,the fix can cost thousands of dollar,but I'm in Mexico right now,the watch maker is very good,he had 35 years of experience,he was a omega distributor here in Mexico,so he saw the watch,and he make me a quote for the original crown,for 35dlls,
    I know my watch is in medium condition,but it's a project,is like if u find a mustang from 1960 the car gonna have detail,is like this watch.so if I invert 1000dlls is nothing for me,because is gonna for my boy,when he's older,so maybe u see the watch like a piece of thash I do not,I see a project,this watch is not for sale now and no in the future,so I'm not worry to compare the watch u show me,
    Any project need money,but I don't care,this watch in 2 months you gonna see this watch.like mew

rolokr likes this.
  19. Beepos Feb 18, 2017

Sigh...good luck man. I certainly did not mean to imply your watch is a piece of trash- I was trying to point out the flaws in your watch, and the changes that would have to be done to get your watch to the level that most vintage watch collectors would be happy with, and why it's going to cost more than you think it will. I'm not trying to imply in anyway that the watch is shit or anything. But I don't have the energy to respond. Good luck- hopefully you can prove us all wrong.

Edited Feb 18, 2017
  20. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Feb 18, 2017

@Luisg73
    @Beepos was just trying to give you some sound and valuable advice. It doesn't matter if you are in Mexico or Venezuela or Russia..the chances of just any watchmaker being able to properly restore this watch for $100 are slim to none. The parts are very hard to find. If you pay $100 to service the watch, chances are your going to just do $1000 worth of damage. There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum if your willing to accept it.

Good luck.