Forums Latest Members
  1. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Aug 16, 2016

So I planned to sell my two expensive pieces to buy a Blue-Z Milgauss. I want to, but I'm a little nervous about that being my only watch. I don't think it plays in the "one watch" category as well as something like a Sub does... but I'm not interested in buying a sub.
    With that said I began to shy away from the idea, but still willing to let my white dial milgauss go to help fund something else. Today I went to the Omega boutique to kill some time and saw something staring at me from the showcase. It was a silver / white dial Globemaster! I know this watch is supposed to be 39mm, and for my 7.5in wrists, this is a little small on paper and normally on the hand. But in the showcase the light dial looked like a 40-41mm. With a more of an open mind (since owning the 40mm milgauss) I decided to try it on. And hot damn, this thing is sweet!
    The bracelet is super comfortable, and the brushed case and bracelet really keep things toned down.
    The dial is so clean looking. Great placement for the date window, and love the hour markers. Really one sharp watch. I'm a little nervous about damaging the bezel but did read it's some kind of super tungsten?
    My other fear is whether or not it's too small on my fat wrists, or that I can't wear this both casual and dressy. I'm afraid it's a little too dressy... Such a classy looking piece may look silly in T-shirt and jeans.
    Anyway, this may be my next pickup pushing the blue Z further away ;)
    Any of you GM owners have some pics feel free to post. Hows the bezel holding up from daily wear? How does everyone dress this watch up everyday?

IMG_20160816_130406.jpg IMG_20160816_130430.jpg IMG_20160816_130435.jpg IMG_20160816_130446.jpg IMG_20160816_130749.jpg
    Kofosu, jsaen, Nitzbar and 7 others like this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 16, 2016

Size looks fine in your wrist. I bet a leather strap would dress it down nicely.

Damn, do I need one of these!?

3. werdna77 Aug 16, 2016

The blue dial is nice too ........ :)

Longbow likes this.
  4. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Aug 16, 2016

It is, but didn't do it for me.

Longbow likes this.
  5. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Aug 16, 2016

I did not like the GM very much when I first saw it ... but it is growing on me ... and quite fast!

Whilst I still think the rehaut is too deep for a formal-ish watch ... it is probably the classiest (dare I say oysteriest) and least gaudy that O. has in its current portfolio ...

and it really goes well with your skintone, kind sir! ;)

Longbow and Frunkinator like this.
  6. EatMan Aug 16, 2016

I have the blue faced GM (no, not the gold one shown in my avatar, although it could be a potential future purchase). I debated hard between the white and blue. I think blue is more popular but I think white is more versatile. really liked it with the dark greyish leather option.

see this thread and see excellent commentary on the tungsten carbide bezel. It is a material often used for cutting tools in machining operations, so you know it will be seriously hard to dent it. bumped my watch plenty of times. have tiny nicks on steel but not the bezel.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/globemaster.36870/

get it. it looks great on you and you won't regret it. buy it with steel but get the leather strap as well. i wear it casually all the time and works out great.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 16, 2016

The white on white Globemaster just doesn't do it for me. Maybe this one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

nixf6, Nobel Prize, GregH and 4 others like this.
  8. EatMan Aug 16, 2016

except this thing is platinum (and the stitching on the leather is also platinum?) and cost way too much...

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 16, 2016

Yes, what I like, not necessarily what will work.:(

tyrantlizardrex and Frunkinator like this.
  10. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Aug 16, 2016

Post some photos Eatman!

11. chows99 Aug 16, 2016

Gorgeous watch! Much better looking than the dated looking DateJust(pun intended)

12. EatMan Aug 16, 2016

Absolutely. Looked at Date(d)Just but quickly dismissed due to its unbalanced proportions (older DJs look so much better than modern ones).

And what da you know? wearing it today. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

dxholdren, Nitzbar, ahartfie and 5 others like this.
  13. jud Aug 16, 2016

^^^^^^^^^
    Very nice.

Longbow likes this.
  14. micampe Aug 16, 2016

I also tried it a couple of weeks ago and I think it's fantastic. I would get it over the Milgauss in a heartbeat. White dial for me, I like that it looks so “sterile”

Longbow likes this.
  15. Steve88M3 Aug 16, 2016

Longbow likes this.
  16. Interstellar Aug 16, 2016

I tried it out when i was at the OB and while it looked really nice on paper and online, i must say that i still prefer the vintage piepan. I also think that i might like it better if it comes without the fluted bezel but the size at 39mm is definitely a plus compared to the vintage 34mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ConElPueblo Aug 17, 2016

It looks absolutely perfect on you, both size and style. Wouldn't change a thing.

I'm blessed with tiny wrists, so I don't have to consider watches like these :p

Longbow likes this.
  18. Kja Aug 17, 2016

I believe this is supposed to be like a dj, as in; it IS an everyday watch.. Omega has other dress watches, but this is not a dress watch, just dressier than a at and the flagship three hander.
    I don't believe the original constellation was ever supposed to be a "dress watch". It is the flagship watch and a "do anything" type of watch. The deville was always the dress watch line.

19. kangajack Aug 17, 2016

I love the Globemaster, but prefer it on leather. Something about the bracelet design doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm just not used to the rectangular shape of the links...or the beveled edges of the end links which don't seamlessly blend into the lugs. Blue dial on a leather strap is my next pickup

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Longbow likes this.
  20. w.finkenstaedt Aug 17, 2016

Constellation was originally Omega's flagship, where they've done the most COSC movements, most gold prestige pieces, etc.

Original Constellations were absolutely dress watches, and still are. Maybe by the boring Patek/Vacheron definition of "dress watch" it's not, but sport watches are considered dress appropriate now (see how Omega markets AT/Globemaster, outside of black/white tie they put them with suits very regularly).

I wouldn't blink at someone wearing a Royal Oak with a suit, and I'd feel the same about an AT or Globemaster with a suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk