Forums Latest Members
  1. Nerves69 I'll Take a Quiet Life Mar 5, 2024

Hi. I have been reading some threads with detailed info from CAFERACER about the S 2017/4 Polerouter. Here is what I learned so far:
    1) 1710xxx-1715xxx serials.

These are characterised by having "punched" lume plots (bad description, but seem to be physically punched through the dial as you can see the marks on the back of the dial). They seem to all have the white painted circles around the lume.

In addition, these only have a single lume plot at 12.

The majority also have the crosshair going through all of the text - though there also seems to be another small (tight in serial range) subgrouping that does not - I need to dig up more examples to get to the bottom of if/why this is.

"Flat" edge seconds hand.

There is one on Ebay I am eyeing at a reasonable price (I think). The crown is wrong for the model. Any ideas where you would find a 2017/4 appropriate crown?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962689401...VsZsTLcQi-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPYPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

IMG_1903.jpeg IMG_1904.jpeg IMG_1905.jpeg
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 6, 2024

Quick reaction…Over polished. I’m guessing the back was re engraved. Dial is questionable. Crown is wrong. No way would I buy this.

Edited Mar 6, 2024
  3. Nerves69 I'll Take a Quiet Life Mar 6, 2024

Passed it by CAFERACER. The crown is wrong, that’s correct. Tudor. Will look for replacement. The dial is right per him. Not sure i concur on the polishing. I looked at exact same models and the back engraving is identical to those.
    Even the size variations on the 1 serial number.

4. Nerves69 I'll Take a Quiet Life Mar 6, 2024

Also, he thought the seconds hand might be service.

5. Nerves69 I'll Take a Quiet Life Mar 6, 2024

I passed on it. No pics of the movement made me wary. Also, finding that crown can be a pain. That dial looked nice though. Thanks for your input. Cheers.

Larry S likes this.